Posted on: May 14, 2022
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Academic Instructor who
has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional setting.Who We Are:CoreCivic is the leading, national
provider of high-quality corrections and detention management
services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety
and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in
Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 facilities nationwide,
CoreCivic employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high
standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the
public good.What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.What You Get To
Do:Change the lives of those in your care!
The Academic Instructor provides instruction in basic education
subjects such as mathematics, science, social studies, reading,
writing and language arts, to help inmates/students learn skills
that will contribute to their development as mature, responsible
citizens. The Academic Instructor maintains a positive learning
environment, adopting secure classroom management practices, and
develops level appropriate lesson plans.
- Prepare course objectives following curriculum standards and
applicable requirements by contract
- Plan a program of study, lesson plans, assignments, and tests
under general supervision.
- Provides instruction using course outline, handouts and texts,
audiovisual aids and other materials.
- Administer tests to evaluate students' progress and competency
with subject matter.
- Assist students with individualized instruction as
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a
Bachelor's degree is required.
- A teaching license is preferred.
- Must possess or be eligible for certification, license or other
credentials required by contract and/or state of employment.
- Continued employment in this position will be contingent upon
obtaining and/or maintaining required agency credentials.
- Three years of classroom instruction experience is
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 20 years of
age.CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE - including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Norman , Academic Instructor, Education / Teaching , Holdenville, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!