Training Instructor - DBCS
Company: Electronic Consulting Services
Posted on: January 8, 2019
ECS is seeking a Training Instructor - DBCS to work in our Norman, OK office.
* Serves as an instructor in the delivery of customer training courses, overseeing the training activities of course participants in classroom, laboratory, virtual and field environments.
* Uses training equipment, supplies, facility, and fiscal resources in implementing and delivering approved training programs for course participants.
* Manages training activities to ensure course objectives are met during the prescribed time period.
* Serves as a subject matter expert in the design and maintenance of training courses and materials in coordination with training development specialists. Assists with the development of new training and materials and the revision of existing training programs.
* Maintains and develops the knowledge bases required for delivering training by reviewing reference materials such as manuals, handbooks, bulletins, and trade periodicals; attending training sessions and seminars; and visiting field locations.
* Prepares for training delivery by gathering and preparing materials including maintaining equipment, submitting requisitions for parts, services, supplies, and equipment.
* Evaluates and documents student performance and comprehension of course materials. Identifies student learning obstacles and develops action plans for resolution.
* Ensures the safety and well-being of staff and students by ensuring prescribed safety procedures and practices.
* May provide guidance and training to new instructors in the use of effective instructional techniques.
* Knowledge of principles, methods, and practices of adult education and training.
* Ability to maintain a safe working environment by following established working processes and procedures.
* Ability to condense and simplify complex information and communicate clear oral and written instruction.
* Ability to instruct adults with varied backgrounds and levels of experience in complex subjects.
* Ability to plan and schedule activities, manage time, and meet deadlines sufficient manage a classroom.
* Ability to counsel others to improve individual performance.
* Skill using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software to create documents, reports and presentations.
* Ability to stimulate interactive discussion and create an engaging environment sufficient to facilitate learning.
* Knowledge of electronic principles, AC and DC circuitry, circuit analysis, schematic interpretation, etc. Ability to use test equipment, gauges, or tools to take measurements and/or to take measurements with electrical or electronic test equipment.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Keywords: Electronic Consulting Services, Norman , Training Instructor - DBCS, Education / Teaching , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!