Manager - Chick-fil-A
Company: University of Oklahoma - Information Technology
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Oversees the overall operation, administration and performance of
day-to-day operation of Chick-fil-A within the Oklahoma Memorial
Union. Responsible for staff, including hiring, firing, training,
and conducing performance reviews. In addition to administrative
duties, this is a working management position and employee will be
expected to make beverages and food items, serve items and operate
cash register. Required duties also include cash handling,
credit/debit card handling, and the ability to maintain PCI
compliance. Operations functions include some cash reporting,
payroll and timekeping. Responsible for adherence to franchise
requirements. Will schedule employees, order food, supervise,
enforce sanitation and departmental policies. Must be able to work
with/supervise both full time and temporary employees. Provides
information, clarifying policies and procedures, facilitating
provisions of service and resolving problems. Other duties as
Required Education: Bachelor's degree, AND:
- 48 months of food service and restaurant supervision
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months of related
experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 96
months of related experience.
- Developed written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lead, build workplace teams and manage change.
- Ability to resolve conflict.
- Demonstrated commitment to nutrition and menu creativity.
- Clear history of promoting hands on training and professional
- Demonstrated history of successful planning, goal setting, and
- Excellent ability to form and lead strong, positive and
- Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent responsibilities
and competing priorities.
- Excellent ability to think critically and offer recommendations
that will enhance and advance the dining program.
- Proven ability to promote and manage change while also
maintaining required services and supports at a high level of
- Availability to routinely work extended work days and
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Regular pressure to meet productivity standards,
- Frequent exposure to pressure caused by deadlines and busy
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must not ever have had a felony conviction for abuse of any
kind, theft, rape, sexual assault, distribution of drugs or other
- Perseverance, both physically and mentally, for fast-paced and
demanding responsibilities required.
- Exposure to disagreeable conditions such as handling greasy,
dirty materials, walking on slippery floors, walking or riding
between buildings on campus, going in and out of walk-in
refrigeration units, etc.
- Frequent and repetitive arm and wrist movement.
- Exposure to chemicals and noxious odors.
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs, and push/pull up to 100
lbs, depending on job assignment. Ability to stand and/or walk for
long periods of time and adapt to a large kitchen environment with
varying temperatures (-8 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Climb stairs, as necessary, and depending on job assignment,
occasionally to frequently. This will be determined by employee's
- As essential personnel you may be required to work during
emergency University closings or inclement weather. Nights and
weekends may apply.
- Bachelor's Degree, ACF or CIA certification in Culinary,
Restaurant Management; or related field.
- Previous franchise leadership expeiennce.
Supervision: Will report directly to the General Manager North
Campus Retail, and will supervise a team of 5-10 full-time
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you
will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus
Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse,
equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each
person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The
University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging
and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an
inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic
and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable
federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based
on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic
information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion,
disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its
policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not
limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing,
services in educational programs or activities, and health care
services that the University operates or provides.
Keywords: University of Oklahoma - Information Technology, Norman , Manager - Chick-fil-A, Executive , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!