Medical Lab Technician
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: January 11, 2022
The hours will be from 11:30am-8pm.Under general direction,
performs routine and complex technical laboratory analyses using
established procedures and protocols. Performs chemical,
microscopic, and bacteriologic tests to obtain data for use in
diagnosis and treatment of patients.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs a full range of laboratory tests from simple blood
tests to more complex tests.
- Assesses specimens for correct handling and quality.
- Confirms the accuracy of test results and reports findings to
- Operates complex electronic equipment, computers and precision
- Performs and evaluates quality control procedures.
- Performs periodic maintenance and assists with the calibration
- Assists with the proper storage of hazardous materials.
- Maintains competencies and continuing education to keep
informed of new developments in field.
- Assists in the proficiency testing program in the lab.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Associate's degree or equivalent years of experience and
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Keywords: SSM Health, Norman , Medical Lab Technician, Healthcare , Shawnee, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!