Company: SSM Health
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Not ready to apply? Click here to fill out a quick interest form
and a nurse recruiter will be in touch.
on bonus availablProvides direct nursing care in settings where
patients require complex assessments and intervention, in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the health care
consumers health and/or situation.
- Triages each health care consumer utilizing age,
developmentally appropriate, and culturally sensitive practices to
prioritize and optimize health care consumer flow, expediting those
health care consumers who require immediate care.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the
health care consumer or the situation.
- Implements, coordinates, and educates, to promote health and a
safe practice environment.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and the profession.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflect current nursing
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to Emergency Nursing practice,
ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patients
age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, Norman , RN-Emergency Department, Healthcare , Shawnee, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!