Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $26-40 per hour
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: June 23, 2022
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Med Surg for a
nursing job in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.Job Description &
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
Under supervision and in collaboration with other health care
professionals, assist in performing a variety of nursing care
services for patients.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN)
in charge.-- Initiates delegated tasks based on demonstrated
competence in performing nursing activities for specific patient
age group served.
- Collects and documents data for the admission assessment,
reassessment and/or scheduling appointments or surgeries at
specific times for patient population.-- May document and provide
appropriate data to the RN and/or LPN for analysis and validation
of patient's response to care or treatment and when significant
change occurs in the patient's condition.
- Informs licensed nurse of any changes in patient
condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant
other educational needs.
- Stocks and maintains supplies and equipment in keeping with
patient care needs and cost containment.-- Utilizes time and
supplies economically and conscientiously.
- Assists with delegated clerical duties such as answering
telephones, relaying messages, transcription of physician orders,
preparing and organizing the patient's medical record.
- In an inpatient environment, responsibilities may also include
the following: answers patients' calls for help, takes their vital
signs, and monitors their behavior and physical condition for
progress or deterioration.-- Assists with baths, ambulating,
feeding, skin care, personal and oral hygiene and making occupied
and unoccupied beds.-- Performs dressing changes, enemas, ostomy
care, toileting, turning, cough and deep breathing, catheter care,
collection of biological specimens, measuring and recording intake
and output of fluids.
- In an inpatient environment, prepares patients for discharge
and accompanies them upon dismissal as indicated.-- Orients new
patients and significant others to the nursing unit.
- In an outpatient environment, manages referrals for medical and
surgical specialist appointments.-- Provides assistance in patient
care to patients three years of age or older.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Completion of a state approved unlicensed assist personnel
program (UAP) or completion of first year in nursing school or
enrolled in UAP through SSM Health upon hire or if hired in
Oklahoma, completion of the Clinical Partner I checklist during 90
day orientation/probationary period.EXPERIENCE
- No experience required.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less)
and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting,
squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
About SSM HealthSSM Health has grown to be one of the largest
integrated health systems in the country, because leadership,
administration and providers work closely together to find
solutions to the most pressing needs in medical care today.
Collectively, our knowledge and resources are combined to innovate,
optimize workflows and allow for better care delivery and patient
interactions. Physicians and leadership engage in regular
discussions designed to standardize practices that yield better
outcomes across our system.
Physicians, providers and health care leaders seeking the stability
and resources of a large, reputable integrated health system, as
well as the collegiality and respect of peers and the rewards of
practicing in a faith-based organization, choose SSM Health as
their ideal practice setting.
SSM Health's 23 hospitals, more than 290+ physician offices and
outpatient care sites, and 10 post-acute facilities offer vast
opportunities to shape the future of health care throughout
Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.Benefits
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Continuing Education
- Health savings account
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- 403b retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Relocation bonus
Keywords: SSM Health, Norman , Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $26-40 per hour, Healthcare , Shawnee, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!