Registered Nurse (RN) - PACU - Post Anesthetic Care - $26-40 per hour
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: June 23, 2022
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) PACU - Post
Anesthetic Care for a nursing job in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: PACU - Post Anesthetic Care
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
Looking for a RN opportunity where patients come first and you are
valued as a team member?-- This position is full time working at
our Midtown Surgery Center location.-- As a RN, you will be a vital
member of the care team for our patients.-- At SSM Health, we know
the healing power of presence begins with compassionate people like
you.Assesses, plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates nursing
care for surgical patients.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accepts patient care assignments as directed. Communicates with
clinical area team members appropriately. Correctly conducts all
appropriate nursing aspects of patient assessment while using
subjective and objective data.
- Communicates effectively with patients to assess their
knowledge of surgical/invasive procedure(s) and expectations.
Adheres to universal protocol.
- Involves patient/significant others in their plan of care,
education, discharge planning, and prioritization of needs.
Utilizes available teaching resources as appropriate, and
identifies/refers patients/families as appropriate.
- Plans for patient care and/or intervenes by demonstrating basic
nursing skills, observing and accurately documenting patient's
response to nursing care, utilizing available teaching resources as
appropriate, maintaining a safe environment.
- Evaluates care by conducting ongoing assessments to identify
effectiveness of interventions, performing post-op calls following
surgical procedures, and analyzing verbal responses from patient
and family during hospitalization.
- Makes competent clinical decisions and displays the ability to
know when to involve management or other team members. Assists in
all areas of surgical services as needed.
- Provides information to the physician related to changes in the
conditions of patients in a timely manner. Documents the care given
to patients and their response to care in a timely manner.
- Correctly and efficiently administers medications, treatments,
and nursing interventions as per hospital policy.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to surgical nursing practice,
ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient's
age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
About SSM HealthSSM Health has grown to be one of the largest
integrated health systems in the country, because leadership,
administration and providers work closely together to find
solutions to the most pressing needs in medical care today.
Collectively, our knowledge and resources are combined to innovate,
optimize workflows and allow for better care delivery and patient
interactions. Physicians and leadership engage in regular
discussions designed to standardize practices that yield better
outcomes across our system.
Physicians, providers and health care leaders seeking the stability
and resources of a large, reputable integrated health system, as
well as the collegiality and respect of peers and the rewards of
practicing in a faith-based organization, choose SSM Health as
their ideal practice setting.
SSM Health's 23 hospitals, more than 290+ physician offices and
outpatient care sites, and 10 post-acute facilities offer vast
opportunities to shape the future of health care throughout
Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.Benefits
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Continuing Education
- Health savings account
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- 403b retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Relocation bonus
Keywords: SSM Health, Norman , Registered Nurse (RN) - PACU - Post Anesthetic Care - $26-40 per hour, Healthcare , Tuttle, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!