Radiology Technologist - $21-32 per hour
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: August 4, 2022
SSM Health is seeking a Radiology Technologist for a job in
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Radiology Technologist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
We are offering Sign-On Bonuses for qualified candidates*! $5,000
Sign-On Bonus for a Full-Time, Night Shift position with a Two (2)
year commitment. Inquire with recruiting on sign on bonus terms and
eligibility details. We also offer competitive benefits packages,
including medical, dental, vision, PTO, retirement, tuition
reimbursement and more.As a Radiology Technologist, you've chosen a
career where patients matter-a lot. Our Mission and Values put the
patient first and place you in a position to improve each day.--You
can expect a work environment where:--
- Radiology Technologists feel valued, respected and free to
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and
talents toward a greater purpose;--
- Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged, while management is
supportive.----If you're a patient advocate first-----If you listen
and respond with great care-----If the needs, wants, and goals of
each patient matter to you-----Then we'd love to learn more! Please
fill out your application today.----Join a network of Radiology
Technologists just as kind and powerful as you.--Takes x-rays of
designated parts of the human body for diagnostic purposes and
provides support for the imaging department. This position only
performs plain films and fluoro.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Explains procedures to patient to ensure understanding.
Provides appropriate educational material.
- Transports patients to and from clinical areas and verifies
patient identity according to policies and procedures. Assists
technologists with preparing patient for radiology exam by
positioning the patient for the procedure.
- Assists technologists with filing, delivering and retrieving
patient reports and charts, matching films to folders, and delivery
of reports to patient units/physicians.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents
patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within
the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal
activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film
storage area and any other areas in department.
- May perform limited CT procedures in emergent situations when
CT Technologist is not on site.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Associate's degreeEXPERIENCE
- Experience Strongly PreferredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving of patients.
- Frequent reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, twisting and
repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Rare kneeling and sitting.
About SSM HealthSSM Health has grown to be one of the largest
integrated health systems in the country, because leadership,
administration and providers work closely together to find
solutions to the most pressing needs in medical care today.
Collectively, our knowledge and resources are combined to innovate,
optimize workflows and allow for better care delivery and patient
interactions. Physicians and leadership engage in regular
discussions designed to standardize practices that yield better
outcomes across our system.
Physicians, providers and health care leaders seeking the stability
and resources of a large, reputable integrated health system, as
well as the collegiality and respect of peers and the rewards of
practicing in a faith-based organization, choose SSM Health as
their ideal practice setting.
SSM Health's 23 hospitals, more than 290+ physician offices and
outpatient care sites, and 10 post-acute facilities offer vast
opportunities to shape the future of health care throughout
Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.Benefits
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Continuing Education
- Health savings account
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- 403b retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Relocation bonus
Keywords: SSM Health, Norman , Radiology Technologist - $21-32 per hour, Healthcare , Shawnee, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!