Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Med Surg - $26-40 per hour, Flexible
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: August 6, 2022
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Float Med Surg for
a nursing job in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.Job Description &
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
** Additional Float Pool Premium rate added on for every hour
worked **** Stack-able Shift Differential Premiums additionally per
hour when applicable ** At SSM Health, we know the healing power of
presence begins with compassionate employees like you. --Our
mission and values put the patient first and helps you to feel
valued while respecting teamwork and collaboration.-- As a RN-
Float Pool employee, you will learn ways to adapt care and adjust
treatment plans for patients' evolving needs and get float
experience working in a variety of floors within the
hospital.Looking for an opportunity where patients come first, and
you are valued as a team member?--Fill out our application
today!Not ready to apply? Click here to fill out a quick interest
form and a nurse recruiter will be in touch. direct nursing care in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses standards of medical-surgical nursing practice to increase
the quality of care and quality of life for the patient, family,
and significant other(s) by systematically evaluating the quality
and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Establishes effective relationships and serves as an advocate
with the patient, family, and significant other(s) to facilitate
the development of the care plan unique to the patient's care
- Uses the nursing process to develop and implement the plan of
care, collect assessment data for each patient, determine
appropriate nursing diagnoses, identify expected patient outcomes,
determine the plan of care, implement interventions, and evaluate
- Develops assessment and management strategies based on a
consideration of the physical, functional, cultural, social,
economic, developmental, spiritual, vocational, and leisure
dimensions of human responses to actual and potential health
- Demonstrates knowledge of the impact of actual or potential
illness and each patient's physical, functional, cultural, social,
economic, developmental, spiritual, vocational, and leisure
- Utilizes leadership skills by coordinating and collaborating
with the patient, family, significant other(s), communities, and
members of the interprofessional team in assessing needs, setting
goals, planning interventions, providing care, and evaluating
- Utilizes effective communication to participate with the
patient, family, significant other(s), and other health care
providers in collaborative decision making that reflects the
understanding that care should be culturally sensitive, ethical,
legal, holistic, informed, compassionate, and humane, and within
the boundaries of available economic resources.
- Educates the patient, family, and significant other(s) about
measures that promote, maintain, and restore health or promote
- Fosters a healthy work environment within the practice setting
and profession by serving as a mentor and role model for nursing
colleagues, students, and others.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to medical-surgical nursing
practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on
patient's age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
About SSM HealthSSM Health has grown to be one of the largest
integrated health systems in the country, because leadership,
administration and providers work closely together to find
solutions to the most pressing needs in medical care today.
Collectively, our knowledge and resources are combined to innovate,
optimize workflows and allow for better care delivery and patient
interactions. Physicians and leadership engage in regular
discussions designed to standardize practices that yield better
outcomes across our system.
Physicians, providers and health care leaders seeking the stability
and resources of a large, reputable integrated health system, as
well as the collegiality and respect of peers and the rewards of
practicing in a faith-based organization, choose SSM Health as
their ideal practice setting.
SSM Health's 23 hospitals, more than 290+ physician offices and
outpatient care sites, and 10 post-acute facilities offer vast
opportunities to shape the future of health care throughout
Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.Benefits
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Continuing Education
- Health savings account
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- 403b retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Relocation bonus
Keywords: SSM Health, Norman , Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Med Surg - $26-40 per hour, Flexible, Healthcare , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!