Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $26-40 per hour, Flexible
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: September 22, 2022
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Med Surg for a
nursing job in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.Job Description &
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
Sign-On Bonus!2+ years experience= $10,000Less than 2 years
experience= $7,500Looking for a RN opportunity where patients come
first, and you are valued as a team member?-- We have opportunities
for you in our Extended Stay Unit/Med Surg floor.-- We have
Full-Time, Part Time and PRN positions available on various
shifts.-- As a RN, you will be a vital member of the care team for
our patients, assessing and evaluating their condition, while
providing compassion and comfort.-- At SSM Health, we know the
healing power of presence begins with compassionate people like
you.--* Sign on Bonus for experienced Full-Time Nurses when
applicable ** Stack-able Shift Differential Premiums additionally
per hour when applicable *Not ready to apply? Click here to fill
out a quick interest form and a nurse recruiter will be in touch.
direct nursing care in accordance with established policies,
procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.PRIMARY
- Uses standards of medical-surgical nursing practice to increase
the quality of care and quality of life for the patient, family,
and significant other(s) by systematically evaluating the quality
and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Establishes effective relationships and serves as an advocate
with the patient, family, and significant other(s) to facilitate
the development of the care plan unique to the patient's care
- Uses the nursing process to develop and implement the plan of
care, collect assessment data for each patient, determine
appropriate nursing diagnoses, identify expected patient outcomes,
determine the plan of care, implement interventions, and evaluate
- Develops assessment and management strategies based on a
consideration of the physical, functional, cultural, social,
economic, developmental, spiritual, vocational, and leisure
dimensions of human responses to actual and potential health
- Demonstrates knowledge of the impact of actual or potential
illness and each patient's physical, functional, cultural, social,
economic, developmental, spiritual, vocational, and leisure
- Utilizes leadership skills by coordinating and collaborating
with the patient, family, significant other(s), communities, and
members of the inter-professional team in assessing needs, setting
goals, planning interventions, providing care, and evaluating
- Utilizes effective communication to participate with the
patient, family, significant other(s), and other health care
providers in collaborative decision making that reflects the
understanding that care should be culturally sensitive, ethical,
legal, holistic, informed, compassionate, and humane, and within
the boundaries of available economic resources.
- Educates the patient, family, and significant other(s) about
measures that promote, maintain, and restore health or promote
- Fosters a healthy work environment within the practice setting
and profession by serving as a mentor and role model for nursing
colleagues, students, and others.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to medical-surgical nursing
practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on
patient's age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.About SSM HealthSSM Health has grown
to be one of the largest integrated health systems in the country,
because leadership, administration and providers work closely
together to find solutions to the most pressing needs in medical
care today. Collectively, our knowledge and resources are combined
to innovate, optimize workflows and allow for better care delivery
and patient interactions. Physicians and leadership engage in
regular discussions designed to standardize practices that yield
better outcomes across our system.
Physicians, providers and health care leaders seeking the stability
and resources of a large, reputable integrated health system, as
well as the collegiality and respect of peers and the rewards of
practicing in a faith-based organization, choose SSM Health as
their ideal practice setting.
SSM Health's 23 hospitals, more than 290+ physician offices and
outpatient care sites, and 10 post-acute facilities offer vast
opportunities to shape the future of health care throughout
Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.Benefits
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Continuing Education
- Health savings account
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- 403b retirement plan
- Life insurance
Keywords: SSM Health, Norman , Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $26-40 per hour, Flexible, Healthcare , Tuttle, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!