Registered Respiratory Therapist - $24-36 per hour, Flexible
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: September 23, 2022
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Respiratory Therapist for a
job in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
Provides evaluation of and care for respiratory therapy patients.
Administers prescribed respiratory therapeutic services.PRIMARY
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of
treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Responsible for providing respiratory care services in
accordance with specific physician's orders, department policies
and procedures and guidelines.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan and equipment.
Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs
advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications,
and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and
provides information about community support groups and other
- Assists with care, calibration and maintenance of all
equipment. Participates in maintaining departmental inventory
levels for supplies and equipment. Processes equipment per
established cleaning/sterilization procedures.
- Responds to Medical Emergencies and Rapid Responses.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Associate's degree or equivalent years of experience and
- No experience required.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.About SSM HealthSSM Health has grown
to be one of the largest integrated health systems in the country,
because leadership, administration and providers work closely
together to find solutions to the most pressing needs in medical
care today. Collectively, our knowledge and resources are combined
to innovate, optimize workflows and allow for better care delivery
and patient interactions. Physicians and leadership engage in
regular discussions designed to standardize practices that yield
better outcomes across our system.
Physicians, providers and health care leaders seeking the stability
and resources of a large, reputable integrated health system, as
well as the collegiality and respect of peers and the rewards of
practicing in a faith-based organization, choose SSM Health as
their ideal practice setting.
SSM Health's 23 hospitals, more than 290+ physician offices and
outpatient care sites, and 10 post-acute facilities offer vast
opportunities to shape the future of health care throughout
Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.Benefits
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Continuing Education
- Health savings account
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- 403b retirement plan
- Life insurance
Keywords: SSM Health, Norman , Registered Respiratory Therapist - $24-36 per hour, Flexible, Healthcare , Shawnee, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!