Registered Nurse (RN) - OR - Operating Room - $26-40 per hour, Flexible
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) OR - Operating
Room for a nursing job in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.Job Description &
- Specialty: OR - Operating Room
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
Looking for a RN opportunity where patients come first and you are
valued as a team member?-- This position is PRN working weekends in
our surgical area as a circulator.-- As a Registered Nurse, you
will be a vital member of the care team for our patients.-- At SSM
Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with
compassionate people like you.Not ready to apply? Click here to
fill out a quick interest form and a nurse recruiter will be in
touch. the nursing process in care delivery and provides nursing
leadership for other patient care personnel. Circulates
independently on complex cases.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in providing care for the
perioperative patient by completing a comprehensive preoperative
assessment, planning and implementing individualized nursing
interventions and evaluating the effectiveness of care and
modifying interventions as needed.
- Prioritizes multiple complex patient and physician needs to
delegate and coordinate the care provided by the surgical team to
maximize patient outcomes.
- Coordinates patient care assignments to personnel supervised,
considering staff competencies, patient population, equipment used,
patient condition, environmental factors, infection control, safety
factors and availability of direct/indirect supervision.
- Communicates effectively with patients, staff and physicians to
anticipate needs and develop and implement actions to be taken in
response to complaints related to patient care processes.
- Maintains and enhances professional clinical skills by seeking
out learning situations and remaining abreast of current advances
in nursing techniques and technologies.
- Serves as a consultant to all personnel in area(s) of nursing
expertise. Teaches and mentors other less-experienced RNs and
- Demonstrates advanced clinical judgment as evidenced by
knowledge of complex nursing interventions required in multiple
surgical specialty areas.
- Exhibits willingness to take on special projects and initiates
actions that work to improve processes within the department.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model.
- Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her
response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of
our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- Two years' advanced surgical experiencePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.About SSM HealthSSM Health has grown
to be one of the largest integrated health systems in the country,
because leadership, administration and providers work closely
together to find solutions to the most pressing needs in medical
care today. Collectively, our knowledge and resources are combined
to innovate, optimize workflows and allow for better care delivery
and patient interactions. Physicians and leadership engage in
regular discussions designed to standardize practices that yield
better outcomes across our system.
Physicians, providers and health care leaders seeking the stability
and resources of a large, reputable integrated health system, as
well as the collegiality and respect of peers and the rewards of
practicing in a faith-based organization, choose SSM Health as
their ideal practice setting.
SSM Health's 23 hospitals, more than 290+ physician offices and
outpatient care sites, and 10 post-acute facilities offer vast
opportunities to shape the future of health care throughout
Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.Benefits
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Continuing Education
- Health savings account
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- 403b retirement plan
- Life insurance
Keywords: SSM Health, Norman , Registered Nurse (RN) - OR - Operating Room - $26-40 per hour, Flexible, Healthcare , Tuttle, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!