Company: the Chickasaw Nation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*JOB TITLE: * Staff General Surgeon *# Of cases per day average:
* 4-5 cases per scheduled OR day *Call schedule to include night
call and weekend call: * combination of 8 days of call per
month-one weekend of call per month *Daily work schedule: * Clinic
0800-1500. OR 0730-until finished with cases-however this is
generally 1300/1400 completion *Types of General Surgeries
performed: * General Surgery * Gallbladder
* Hernia Repair
* Gastrointestinal Diagnostic Studies
* Laparoscopic procedures
* Bowel Resections Procedure room for minor procedures in
Breast Care Clinic procedures * Biopsy
* Wound Care/Ostomy Care
* Lesion Removal *Clinic time vs OR time: * Clinic 2-3 days per
week and OR on the opposite days *GENERAL DEFINITION: * This
position is located within the Chickasaw Nation Medical Center
(CNMC). The General Surgeon through training will have acquired
knowledge and experience related to the diagnosis and preoperative,
operative and postoperative management, including the management of
complications, in the essential content areas of, but not limited
to, alimentary tract, abdomen and its content, breast, skin and
soft tissue, endocrine system, head and neck surgery, surgical
critical care, trauma, burns and vascular surgery. This position
may require days, evenings, nights, holidays and callbacks.
*SUPERVISION RECEIVED: * The General Surgeon is under the direct
supervision of the Chief of Surgery Service. *SUPERVISION
EXERCISED: * Mid-level providers *ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: **
Adheres to the Chickasaw Nation Department of Health (CNDH) Medical
Staff Bylaws and Policies & Procedures.
* Provides comprehensive care for patients in the General Surgery
Clinic during clinic hours.
* Provides comprehensive inpatient surgical care in
medical/surgical unit and ICU.
* Provides comprehensive general surgery care in the emergency
medicine department including arrangement of transfer of patients
to another facility and/or physician for testing, consultation,
treatment and/or admission when appropriate.
* Maintains a competent, considerate and objective professional
relationship with patients to minimize complaints, dissatisfaction
or adverse impact regarding services.
* Acts as a consultant to other physicians in the hospital, Fast
Track Clinic, the outpatient clinics and the emergency medicine
* Provides support, education and guidance to physician
* Serves as "on-call" day and/or night
* Serves on hospital committees and performance improvement teams
as assigned by the Chief of Service or Chief of Staff.
* Participates in continuing medical education opportunities as
required by the Oklahoma Medical Board of Licensure.
* Treats all patients with respect and maintains a cooperative
attitude with other employees to facilitate quality patient
* Initiates consultations and monitors scheduling of patients for
surgery and special tests.
* Responsible for surgical continuity of care and provides timely
requests for schedule changes, vacation, sick leave and continuing
medical education leave to the Chief of Service.
* Maintains sensitivity to Native American culture.
* Performs other duties as assigned. *MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
**Education: * Have successfully completed a post graduate
residency in General Surgery accredited by the ACGME or AOA and
therefore board eligible for certification by the appropriate
board. *Training and Experience: * Be able to document that he/she
has been working in a general surgery setting during the last 12
months. Recent completion of a General Surgery residency program
will fulfill this requirement. *Licenses/Certificates/Other: **
Required: Hold a current unrestricted license to practice medicine,
be eligible for an Oklahoma license to practice medicine and have a
current unrestricted DEA number.
* Preferred: Active participation and/or completion of the
examination process leading to Board Certification in General
Surgery by the American Board of Surgery or the American
Osteopathic Board of Surgery.
* Preferred: Hold a current Oklahoma Medical License. Job Type:
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Professional development assistance
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* On call
* Weekend availability Application Question(s):
* Have you successfully completed a post graduate residency in
General Surgery accredited by the ACGME or AOA and therefore board
eligible for certification by the appropriate board?
* Have you been working in a general surgery setting during the
last 12 months?
* Have you recently completed a general surgery residency
* Do you hold a current, unrestricted license to practice
* Are you registered or registry eligible for an Oklahoma license
to practice medicine?
* Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with
local laws and regulations?
* This position is a COVID sensitive position and requires the
COVID-19 vaccine. Are you fully vaccinated or willing to become
fully vaccinated before starting employment if selected?
* I understand that the Chickasaw Nation has a no tolerance policy
of drugs and alcohol, and this includes the use of medicinal
marijuana. As a sovereign Nation, State law does not apply to the
Chickasaw Nation, and therefore the use of marijuana is illegal and
is not acceptable for employees. License/Certification:
* current, unrestricted DEA number (Preferred) Work Location: One
Keywords: the Chickasaw Nation, Norman , General Surgeon, Healthcare , Ada, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!