Pediatric Clinic LPN
Company: the Chickasaw Nation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*General Description: *
This position is located at the Chickasaw Nation Division of
Health. This facility provides professional and clinical health
care services to Indian Beneficiaries in outpatient clinics. This
position may require travel 0-10% of the time depending on staffing
needs in other clinics. *Supervision Received: * Work is performed
under the general supervision of the Executive Officers of Primary
Care Clinics & Public Health and Director of Primary Care Clinics,
with immediate supervision by the Pediatric Clinic Manager. Routine
work is performed independently following written procedures,
standards and protocols. The LPN performs all assigned work in
collaboration with a RN. *Supervision Exercised: * None. *Essential
Job Functions: *
* Plans and provides routine patient care by utilizing and
documenting the nursing process: including teaching patients and
their families, and discharge planning.
* Follows provider orders to administer prescribed medications.
* --- Follows provider orders to initiate IV insertion, administer
fluids and/or medication as ordered, monitor IV site and patient
throughout infusion and discontinue according to facility policies
* --- Administers childhood vaccinations under the oversight of the
RN and according to facility protocol and/or provider order and
documents in OSIIS and EHR according to facility policy.
* --- Provides age and culturally appropriate, holistic patient
care based upon facility mission statement, facility policies, and
the Nursing Division Standards, Policies, and Procedures. ensures
adherence to standards of other regulatory agencies.
* Implements interventions appropriate to the age-specific needs of
the patient requiring outpatient care.
* Recognizes and anticipates common changes in the physical,
biopsychosocial and health needs of all ages of patients
experiencing urgent, emergent or non-emergent conditions.
* Collaborates with the R.N. to provide patient and/or family
education designed to meet the age-specific needs of the patient
* Provides safe interventions under the supervision of an R.N.
ensuring that it is appropriate to patients' needs, age and
* Rooms patients and prepares patients for physical exams.
* Assists provider with diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical
procedures and exams.
* Takes and records vital signs and screens patient in accordance
with Chickasaw Nation Policy.
* Carries out patient history interviews and patient screens and
documenting in medical record.
* Facilitates lab and x-ray physician orders according Chickasaw
Nation Policy and/or procedure.
* Sets up/cleans exam rooms and equipment per policy and restocks
supplies in exam rooms.
* Removes sutures and changes dressings per provider order.
* Notifies patient of lab results as directed by provider following
Chickasaw Nation policy.
* Documents observations, phone calls, referrals and interventions
according to Chickasaw Nation policies.
* Facilitates the patient through the check-out process.
* Participates as a part of the care team, providing patient
education and management support.
* Follows direction of Clinic Manager/RN Case Manager in day to day
operations of clinic.
* Participates in hospital, departmental and OPD performance
improvement activities to measure, assess, and improve the quality
of nursing care delivered to patients.
* Maintains and promotes professionalism and is courteous to
patients, staff and visitors.
* Maintains confidentiality, security and integrity of data and
information in accordance with HIPAA.
* May serve as preceptor for nursing students.
* Other duties as assigned which includes seeking opportunities to
assist other staff in the clinic without direction.
* Attends 90% of clinic and outpatient department meetings or
obtains minutes and assumes responsibility for the information
* Facilitates patient care by generating and faxing/copying patient
protected health information necessary for continuation of care to
outside healthcare facilities and/or providers, ensuring that all
records needed for this process are accurate and valid, while
maintaining patient confidentiality, security and integrity of data
and information in accordance with HIPAA and the Minimum Necessary
Rule, and noting within the patient's EHR each disclosure according
to CNDH documentation policy.
* Contribute to the team in a positive way that promotes
professionalism and collaboration between departments. Upholds and
supports the Core Values of the Chickasaw Nation at all times.
*Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: *
* Required: Basic knowledge of medical terminology sufficient to
interpret physician orders, prepare requests and schedule
* Required: Basic knowledge and usage of grammar, spelling and
* Required: Basic computer and keyboard skills
* Required: Knowledge of The Privacy Act and Freedom of Information
* Required: Must Successfully Pass Medication Test *Education:
* Required Associates: Graduate of an approved school of Practical
Nursing *Education Note: **Training and Experience: *
* Preferred: Experience 0 - 6 months (One Year) experience in acute
care or clinic care in the last three years *Licenses,
Certifications, Other: *
* Required: Unrestricted Oklahoma LPN License
* Required: Must maintain current BLS and PALS certifications (BLS
within one month of hire; PALS within six months of hire, if not
current)*Physical Requirements: *
* Required: All Nursing services employees, including Registered
Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Transport staff, scrub techs and
Nursing Assistants must be able to meet the following Physical
Demands and will be exposed to elements described in the Work
Environment requirements. Work on the assigned unit requires
considerable standing, walking bending and stooping. The individual
may be required to lift in excess of 50 pounds, while helping
patients in and out of bed, to and from wheelchairs, and on or off
carriers. He/She must possess the ability to cope with constant
changes in a stressful environment. *Work Environment: * Work is
performed in the hospital and/or the ambulatory care environment.
There is common exposure to contagious disease. The work may
include a certain amount of exposure to hostile and emotionally
disturbed patients, family members and visitors. Job Type:
* 401(k) matching
* Continuing education credits
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Free parking
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid sick time
* Paid time off
* Paid training
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday Application Question(s):
* This position is a COVID sensitive position and requires the
COVID-19 vaccine. Are you fully vaccinated or willing to become
fully vaccinated before starting employment if selected?
* I understand that the Chickasaw Nation has a no tolerance policy
of drugs and alcohol, and this includes the use of medicinal
marijuana. As a sovereign Nation, State law does not apply to the
Chickasaw Nation, and therefore the use of marijuana is illegal and
is not acceptable for employees. Education:
* Associate (Required) Experience:
* Acute care: 1 year (Preferred) License/Certification:
* BLS Certification (Required)
* LPN (Required)
* PALS Certification (Required) Work Location: One location
Keywords: the Chickasaw Nation, Norman , Pediatric Clinic LPN, Healthcare , Ada, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!