Dental Program Administrator
Company: the Chickasaw Nation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Job Title: * Dental Program Administrator *General Description:
This position is located within the Chickasaw Nation Department of
Health (CNDH). As a member of the CNDH leadership team, this
position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating dental
support services throughout the CNDH. This position, in close
collaboration with the Chief of Dental services, oversees the
operation of general and pediatric dentistry, oral surgery,
prosthodontics, endodontics, and hygienists services. This position
is accountable for the quality of care patients receive,
performance of personnel under their supervision and cost effective
operation of each program. *Supervision Received: * Incumbent is
under the direct supervision of the Executive Officer of Ancillary
and Specialty Services. Works with minimal technical supervision
and performs work in an independent manner. Work is reviewed in
terms of patient satisfaction and effectiveness. *Supervision
Exercised: * Supervises all support and administrative employees
within the Dental Department with the exception of dentists.
*Essential Job Functions: ** --- Collaborate with the Chief of
Dental Services in all aspects of the dental program to plan,
develop, and provide high quality dental services.
* --- Assures that all facets of the dental programs meet or excel
all Joint Commission (JC) and other accrediting agency
* --- Establishing methods for problem identification and for
developing solutions and corrective actions.
* --- Act as liaison to designated medical staff members and
hospital management by working cooperatively to ensure development
and nurturing of a collaborative work environment to facilitate
involvement in planning and operations as appropriate.
* --- Develop, revise and evaluate all clinical, operational, and
financial measures in collaboration with the Chief of Dental
Services, including productivity and staff efficiency to ensure
achievement of established financial and productivity
* --- Direct and oversee development, analysis and implementation
of a high quality practice management billing system, ensuring the
capture and recovery of all reimbursable activity within the
* --- Establish overall policies and objectives for the operations
and management of the dental programs in accordance with applicable
regulatory requirements, ensure alignment and support with overall
institutional mission, goals and objectives.
* --- Provide administrative oversight of Dental Services to ensure
adherence with CNDH and dental management objectives and
* --- Oversee, manage, and continue to iterate on end-to-end
delivery of dental benefits/service offerings to drive a compliant
and optimal patient experience
* --- Collaborate with central sterile to ensure dental services is
appropriately monitoring and sterilizing instruments for patient
* --- Recruit, retain and develop strong staff by providing
constructive feedback based on assessed strengths and weaknesses to
ensure achievement of overall performance, objective and quality
standards and compliance with all license, registration and/or
* --- Lead and/or participate in public health initiatives focused
on improving oral health
* --- Serve as a member of the CNDH Leadership Team, providing
input on overall strategic direction of the institution and serves
on various committees.
* --- Other duties as assigned. *Minimum Qualifications:
**Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: ** *Required*: Director must
have experience in change management and solid experience improving
patient flow and improving productivity.
* *Required*: Strong administrative history of dental office
training and team building.
* *Required*: Knowledge of and familiarity with sub specialties in
dental i.e. Oral Surgery, Pediatric Dentistry, Prosthodontics,
* *Required*: Proficient in the use of Office automation equipment,
such as personal computer, copier and fax machine.
* *Required*: Typing proficiency
* *Required*: Ability to remain professional in stressful
* *Required*: Ability to maintain strict confidence of all
information received on the job.
* *Required*: Knowledge of the Privacy Act, Freedom of Information
Act and HIPAA laws.
* *Required*: Ability to supervise the work of others in identified
dental services departments. *Education: ** *Required Bachelors:
*Bachelor's degree in health sciences or health care
* *Preferred Masters: *Master's Degree in a healthcare related
field *Education Note: * N/A *Training and Experience: **
*Required: Training* 5+ years Five years dental office management
experience. *Licenses, Certifications, Other: ** *Required: * N/A
*Physical Requirements: ** *Required*: Must possess the ability to
cope with constant changes in a stressful environment.
* *Required*: Work requires considerable standing, sitting and
walking and stopping.
* *Required*: Individual may be required to lift in excess of 50
pounds while helping patients or medical records. *Work
Environment: * Work is performed in the Chickasaw Nation Medical
Center hospital and ambulatory environment. There is common
exposure to contagious disease. The work may include a certain
amount of exposure to hostile and emotionally disturbed patients,
family members and visitors *Core Leadership Level: * This position
requires completion of level three Core Leadership Training within
24 months of the hire or promotion date. Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday Ability to commute/relocate:
* Ada, OK 74820: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required) Application Question(s):
* Do you possess a Bachelor's degree in health sciences or health
* Do you possess at least five years of dental office management
* This position is a COVID sensitive position and requires the
COVID-19 vaccine. Are you fully vaccinated or willing to become
fully vaccinated before starting employment if selected?
* I understand that the Chickasaw Nation has a no tolerance policy
of drugs and alcohol, and this includes the use of medicinal
marijuana. As a sovereign Nation, State law does not apply to the
Chickasaw Nation, and therefore the use of marijuana is illegal and
is not acceptable for employees. Education:
* Bachelor's (Required) Experience:
* Management: 1 year (Preferred) Work Location: One location
Keywords: the Chickasaw Nation, Norman , Dental Program Administrator, Healthcare , Ada, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!