Surgery Clinic LPN
Company: the Chickasaw Nation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*General Description: *
This position is located at The Chickasaw Nation Department of
Health. This facility provides professional and clinical health
care services to Indian Beneficiaries in Outpatient Clinics. This
position may require travel 0-10% of the time depending on staffing
needs in other clinics. *Supervision Received: * Work is performed
under the general supervision of the Executive Officer of Nursing
and Director of Surgery & Women's Clinic, with immediate
supervision by the Specialty Clinic Manager. Routine work is
performed independently following written procedures, standards and
protocols. Routine work is performed under the direction of the
Clinic Manager and/or RN Case Managers. The LPN performs all
assigned work in collaboration with a Registered Nurse.
*Supervision Exercised: * None *Essential Job Functions: *
* Plans and provides routine patient care by utilizing,
participating, and documenting the nursing process.
* Assists with patient teaching and discharge planning with
patients and their families as guided by the RN and appropriate per
nursing practice act and facility policies & procedures.
* Collaborates with the LPN Clinical Navigator and under the
supervision of the Clinic RN to provide safe, age, and culturally
appropriate holistic patient care, education, and nursing
interventions for the patient and/or family designed to meet the
specific needs of the patient & population served, while following
the Chickasaw Nation Mission & Vision statements, facility policies
& procedures, Nursing Department standards, and nursing scope of
* Ensures adherence to standards of other regulatory agencies.
* Follows direction of the RN in day to day operations of
* Participates as a part of the care team with guidance from and
under the supervision of the RN.
* Administers prescribed medications and intravenous (IV) fluid
therapy in accordance with provider's orders and facility policies
& procedures, within your scope of practice.
* Implements interventions appropriate to the age-specific needs of
the patient requiring outpatient care.
* Recognizes and anticipates common changes in the physical,
biopsychosocial and health needs of all ages of patients
experiencing urgent, emergent, or non-emergent conditions.
* Collaborates with the RN to provide patient and/or family
education and management support designed to meet the age-specific
needs of the patient population served.
* Participates in The Chickasaw Nation, Chickasaw Nation Department
of Health, and Outpatient Department of Nursing performance
improvement activities to measure, assess, and improve the quality
of nursing care delivered to patients.
* Maintains & promotes professionalism and is courteous to
patients, staff, and visitors.
* Attends staff meetings or obtains minutes and assumes
responsibility for the information given.
* Facilitates in the orientation of new staff. May serve as
preceptor for nursing students.
* Administers childhood and/or adult vaccinations under the
oversight of the RN and according to facility policy, protocol,
provider order and/or standing orders.
* Documents childhood vaccines in OSIIS and EHR according to
* Sets up/cleans exam rooms and equipment per policy. Assists with
patient check-in process. Prepares patients for procedures, exams,
and tests. Facilitates the patient through the check-out process.
Maintains adequate supplies in patient exam rooms for the
* Participates in initial screening of patient to include vital
signs, weight, collects data on outside medications, chief
complaint, and documentation of patient's pain perception as
appropriate to the visit. Updates wellness information, performs
patient history interviews, other appropriate sections, and
documents in medical record in accordance with facility policies &
procedures. Documents observations, phone calls, referrals and
interventions according to The Chickasaw Nation standards.
* Chaperones and assists provider with diagnostic, therapeutic, and
surgical procedures, exams, and specimen collection.
* Assists with preparing orders for labs, tests, and medications
per provider's direction & facility policies & procedures in the
electronic health record.
* Notifies patient of follow-up results as directed by provider
following Chickasaw Nation policy.
* Assist in collecting specimens, electrocardiogram, simple
dressing changes, suture removal, wound care, etc---, as
appropriate to the visit, per provider's direction & facility
policies & procedures, within scope of practice.
* Knowledge of procedures and provide Pre &
Post-Operative/Procedural education as directed by the provider,
within scope of practice.
* Assists provider with diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical
procedures and exams.
* Assists patients in obtaining/scheduling appointments.
* Exhibits prompt arrival to duty station and follows employee code
book for time and attendance.
* Follows all of the Chickasaw Nation policies & procedures
pertaining to employment
* Facilitates communication between the patient and the Medical
Staff of results, follow up direction, medical advice, etc., vice
versa, in accordance with HIPAA and the Minimum Necessary Rule.
* Seeking opportunities to assist other staff in the clinic without
direction and assists with other duties as assigned by the Nurse
* Facilitates consults, referrals, and forms completion as
requested and approved by the medical staff, i.e. Family and
Medical Leave forms, Insurance forms, Home Health forms, etc...
* Complies with standards of electronic documentation and
* Facilitates patient care by generating and faxing/copying patient
protected health information necessary for continuation of care to
outside healthcare facilities and/or providers.
* Ensures that all records needed for this process are accurate and
valid, while maintaining patient confidentiality, security and
integrity of data and information in accordance with HIPAA and the
Minimum Necessary Rule.
* Notes within the patient's electronic health records, each
disclosure according to CNDH documentation policy.
* Contributes to the team in a positive way that promotes
professionalism and collaboration between departments.
* Upholds and supports the Core Values of the Chickasaw Nation at
all times. Minimum Qualifications:
*Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: *
* Required: Knowledge of medical terminology sufficient to
interpret physician orders, prepare requests and schedule
* Required: Knowledge and usage of grammar, spelling and
* Required: Computer skills and keyboarding required
* Required: Knowledge of The Privacy Act and Freedom of Information
* Required: Must Successfully Pass Medication Test Nursing skills,
like injections, respiratory therapy treatments, sterile
* Required: Exceptional customer service skills with a positive Can
* Required: Commitment to Chickasaw Nation Core Values *Education:
* Required Associates: Degree in Practical Nursing *Education Note:
**Training and Experience: *
* Preferred: Experience 6 months - 3 years Experience as a LPN in
an acute care or clinic setting within the last 3 years *Licenses,
Certifications, Other: *
* Required: Current/Unrestricted Oklahoma LPN license
* Required: Current BLS certification, or within 1 month of hire
*Physical Requirements: *
* Required: All Nursing services employees, including Registered
Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Transport staff, scrub techs and
Nursing Assistants must be able to meet the following Physical
Demands and will be exposed to elements described in the Work
Environment requirements. Work on the assigned unit requires
considerable standing, walking bending and stooping. The individual
may be required to lift in excess of 50 pounds, while helping
patients in and out of bed, to and from wheelchairs, and on or off
carriers. They must possess the ability to cope with constant
changes in a stressful environment. *Work Environment: * Work is
performed in the hospital and/or the ambulatory care environment.
There is common exposure to contagious disease. The work may
include a certain amount of exposure to hostile and emotionally
disturbed patients, family members and visitors. Job Type:
* 401(k) matching
* Continuing education credits
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Free parking
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid sick time
* Paid time off
* Paid training
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday Application Question(s):
* This position is a COVID sensitive position and requires the
COVID-19 vaccine. Are you fully vaccinated or willing to become
fully vaccinated before starting employment if selected?
* I understand that the Chickasaw Nation has a no tolerance policy
of drugs and alcohol, and this includes the use of medicinal
marijuana. As a sovereign Nation, State law does not apply to the
Chickasaw Nation, and therefore the use of marijuana is illegal and
is not acceptable for employees. Education:
* Associate (Required) Experience:
* Acute Care: 1 year (Preferred) License/Certification:
* BLS Certification (Required)
* LPN (Required) Work Location: One location
Keywords: the Chickasaw Nation, Norman , Surgery Clinic LPN, Healthcare , Ada, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!