Respiratory Care Practitioner (RRT)
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingOK-SSM Health St. Anthony
Hospital - Shawnee Worker Type: Regular Job Highlights: SIGN-ON
BONUS SSM Health is excited to offer a $10,000 sign on bonus for
qualified candidates who agree to a two-year service commitment.
This position is FT, Night Shift and there are stackable shift
differentials enabling you to also make more per hour, where
applicable (evening, night and weekend shifts). At SSM Health, we
know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate
employees like you. As a Respiratory Care Practitioner, you've
chosen a career where patients matter-a lot. Our Mission and Values
put the patient first and place you in a position to improve each
day. You can expect a work environment where:
- Respiratory Care Practitioners feel valued, respected and free
to express themselves;
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and
talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged, while management is
supportive. If you're a patient advocate first If you listen and
respond with great care If the needs, wants and goals of each
patient matter to you Then we'd love to learn more! Please fill out
your application today. Join a network of health care professionals
just as kind and powerful as you. Job Summary:Provides evaluation
of and care for respiratory therapy patients. Administers
prescribed respiratory therapeutic services. Job Responsibilities
and Requirements: PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of
treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Responsible for providing respiratory care services in
accordance with specific physician's orders, department policies
and procedures and guidelines.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan and equipment.
Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs
advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications,
and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and
provides information about community support groups and other
- Assists with care, calibration and maintenance of all
equipment. Participates in maintaining departmental inventory
levels for supplies and equipment. Processes equipment per
established cleaning/sterilization procedures.
- Responds to Medical Emergencies and Rapid Responses.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Associate's degree or equivalent years of experience and
- No experience required.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life
Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association
(AHA), FUTURE - Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) within 12
months - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC), Respiratory
Care Practitioner - State of Work LocationWork Shift:Night Shift
(United States of America) Job Type: Employee Department:
Respiratory Therapy Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36 SSM Health complies
with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or
sex. Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, Norman , Respiratory Care Practitioner (RRT), Healthcare , Shawnee, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!