Facility Master Social Worker
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Sign On Bonus Available
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:Supports FMCNA's mission core values expected
behaviors and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA
Compliance Program including following all regulatory and FMS
policy and procedure requirements.Provides psychosocial services to
patients treated by the facility including in-center and home
dialysis patients (if applicable) utilizing Social Work Theory of
Human Behavior and accepted methods of social work practice. Works
with the health care team to promote positive adjustment
rehabilitation and improved quality of life for our patients. In
collaboration with the interdisciplinary team informs educates and
supports staff in understanding the emotional psychological and
behavioral impact of Chronic Kidney Disease on the patient and
family to ensure comprehensive quality care of our patients.
Supports the FMCNA commitment to the Quality Indicators and
Outcomes and Quality Assessment and Improvement (QAI) Activities
including those related to patient satisfaction and quality of life
and actively participates in process improvement activities that
enhance the likelihood that patients will achieve the FMCNA Quality
Goals. Adheres to all requirements of the FMCNA Compliance Program
and all FMS policy requirements. This is an entry level MSW role.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: -CUSTOMER SERVICES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and
customer services standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external
and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through
effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond resolve and follow up
regarding customer services issues with all customers in a timely
manner.PRINICIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES RELATED TO PATIENT
CARE: -Patient Assessment/Care Planning Counseling:
- As a member of the interdisciplinary team assesses patients'
psychosocial status strengths - and areas of need that may affect
rehabilitation and optimal treatment outcomes as part of the
comprehensive patient assessment.
- Participates in care planning in collaboration with the patient
and healthcare team to identify effective interventions that will
help the patient meet rehabilitation treatment goals and improve
quality of life.
- Utilizes FMS Ultra Care patient education programs established
social work theory and methods and quality of life measurement
instruments as part of assessment and care planning to resolve
barriers and meet patient treatment goals.
- Provides established outcomes driven psycho-educational
counseling methods aimed at improving areas of need treatment
adherence vocational/educational rehabilitation and/or quality of
- Provides supportive and goal directed counseling to patients
who are seeking transplant.
- Assesses patient awareness of advance directives; assists with
accessing advance directive forms/information and facilitates
discussion of advance directive wishes if necessary with the
healthcare team and the patient's family/support persons.
- Will provide general information about Do Not Resuscitate
Orders and Advanced Directives
- Provides information and assists the team and patient with
referral to community resources (home health services vocational
rehabilitation etc.) to facilitate optimal treatment outcomes.
- In collaboration with the physician and nurse participates in
the discussion of patient DNR status in the facility to ensure
patient understanding and informed decision making.
- Provides usual care and/or Social Work Intensive to address
non-adherence and quality of life concerns for all patients
- -Knowledgeable of and adheres to FMCNA Social Work Policy
including documentationPatient Education:
- Assess patient knowledge of kidney disease for barriers that
may affect adherence to treatment. Works with patient family and
health care team to provide education tailored to the patient's
learning style and needs.
- With other members of the interdisciplinary team provides
appropriate information about all treatment modalities. Facilitates
the transplant referral process and collaborates with
interdisciplinary team if delegated by Clinical Manager.
- Provides ongoing education to patient/family regarding
psychosocial issues related to End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) and
all support services that are available.
- Reviewed patient rights and responsibilities grievance
information (company and network) and other facilities policies
with patient and/or the patients' representative to ensure
patients' understanding of the rights and expectations of
- Collaborates with the team on appropriate QAI
- Understands the referral and admission process and supports the
clinic in regard to the patient needs for scheduling to maximize
adherence and adjustment Insurance and Financial Assistance:
- Collaborates with facility management Financial Coordinators
and Billing Group staff to address patient issues related to
- In collaboration with Financial Coordinators provides
information and education to patients about payment to dialysis
(federal state commercial insurance state renal programs AKF HIPP
and entitlement programs)
- Maintains current knowledge regarding local
vocational/educational rehabilitation programs and assist patients
with referral and access to vocational rehabilitation to enable
them to remain employed become employed or receive education.
- (Reassess patient demographic and insurance information changes
every quarter. Notifies all appropriate departments of
- Understands FMCNA financial policies and procedures as they
related to patient services. Collaborate with Financial
Coordinators to educate patients about programs that may be
available to assist with uncovered services how to resolve billing
concerns and understand financial responsibilities. - Staff
- Assist with interview process and decision to hire new
personnel if requested by CM or AM/DO.
- Works with the administrative support staff to maintain updated
patient resource lists (e.g. maintain updated list of
- Develops and provides training to staff pertaining to
psychosocial topics as needed. Trains staff in Ultra Care Programs
- Other duties as assigned.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. - Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Travel Required (if multiple facilities) EDUCATION:
- Masters In Social Work RequiredEXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 - 2 years' related experience.
- State Specific Licensure requiredEO/AA Employer:
IdentityFresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Norman , Facility Master Social Worker, Healthcare , Ada, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!