Current College Students - Banquet Sous Chef
Company: Embassy Suites Norman
Posted on: June 9, 2019
Job Purpose:--To supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and
other workers engaged in preparing and cooking food products for
banquets at the hotel that meet or exceed management standards and
quest expectations.Job Responsibilities:--
- Observes workers engaged in preparing, portioning, and
garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking and garnishing
and sizes of portions are as prescribed.
- Gives instructions to cooking personnel in fine points of
- Cooks and carves meats, & prepares dishes, such as sauces,
during rush periods & for banquets & social functions.
- May assume responsibility for kitchen in absence of Chef.
- Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures
pertaining to this position and its duties.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Assists in maximizing revenues and profits.
- Rewards employees who meet or exceed customer
- Other duties as assigned.Job Skills:
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines as needed.
- Measure, cut, or otherwise work on materials or objects with
- Picture what the finished product will look like.
- Accept responsibility for the accuracy of the work as it is
- Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical
problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a
variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic,
or schedule form.
- Read and understand recipes, instructions, safety rules, etc.--
Speak with poise, voice control, and confidence, using correct
English and well-modulated voice.
- Determine time, place, and sequence of operations or action to
be taken on the basis of analysis of data
- Determine or interpret work procedures for a group of workers,
assigning specific duties to them, maintain harmonious relations
among them and promote efficiency. A variety of responsibilities is
involved in this function.
- Use arithmetic to figure amounts of material needed, dimensions
to be followed and cost of materials.-- Compute discount, interest,
profit and loss, commission, markups and selling price, ratio and
proportion, and percentages. Calculate surface, volumes, weights
and measures.Job Qualifications:-- --Education------
- HS Diploma or equivalentExperience------
- Two (2) years banquet production experience with two (2)
additional years of lead cook experience; OR, an equivalent
combination of education and experience.Full-time associates are
eligible for the following benefits:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Company paid life with employee paid supplemental options
- Matching 401-k for eligible participating associates
- Company Hotel Travel DiscountsWorking for Atrium Hospitality
offers more than a great job; it offers the ability to make a
difference in a meaningful way every day. Whether you are a recent
graduate, new to the industry, or an experienced professional,
Atrium provides extraordinary opportunities for growth and
competitive compensation and benefits in an exciting,
customer-centric workplace.--Atrium Hospitality is an Equal
EmployerMinorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
Keywords: Embassy Suites Norman, Norman , Current College Students - Banquet Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!