Company: Norman Regional Health System
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgery - Heart Team - FT - 8 hr Days-
HealthPlex - $10,000 Sign On Bonus - Norman, OK
We have operating rooms located at the Porter campus and the
HealthPlex campus. The Porter campus has 10 operating rooms with
services ranging from urology, general, neurology, and bariatrics.
The HealthPlex campus has 6 operating rooms in the main OR with
services of orthopedics, general, and ENT, 1 hybrid room for
cardiac cases, and 3 operating rooms for GYN and Robotic cases. Our
nurses demonstrate professionalism, teamwork, autonomy, and
critical thinking skills. We orient new nurses to all of our
surgical areas by providing a 16 week orientation with a dedicated
preceptor in which nurses learn how to circulate cases in all of
our service lines. Take the next step of your nursing journey and
join our amazing surgical services department where our nurses
provide professional and dedicated care, one patient at a
time.Norman Regional Health System is a team of more than 3,000
healers all working together to bring our mission and vision to
life. Our mission is to serve our community as the leader in health
and wellness care. Our vision is to be the provider of choice to
improve the health and well-being of our regional
- RN essential functions include, but are not limited to:
collaboration with other health professionals, assessment,
analyzing assessment data, establishing goals, planning care
strategy, establishing priorities of care, implementing care,
delegating tasks safely, providing safe direct and indirect nursing
care, evaluating responses to interventions, and performing
additional nursing functions in accordance with knowledge and
skills acquired beyond basic nursing preparation.--
- Plans, prepares, and provides individualized peri-operative
care utilizing the nursing process. Directs surgery department
staff in the care of the surgical patient. Cares for all ages of
patients; infant to geriatric.--
- Primarily your focus will be all heart cases. If there are no
heart cases scheduled you will help in the main OR to facilitate,
circulate, or give lunches as needed.
- Diploma or Associate's degree (ADN) required, Bachelor of
Science in Nursing (BSN), or Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Previous experience in healthcare field preferred.
- OR experience highly preferred.--(Above requirements can be met
by equivalent combination of education and experience).--LICENSURE
- Current Oklahoma Registered Nurse license or active Multistate
- Basic Life Support (BLS) training or retraining is required
during orientation prior to providing patient care.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) is required to be maintained
thru re-training for duration of employment.
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) training or retraining is
required during orientation prior to providing patient care.
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac life Support) is required to be
maintained thru re-training for duration of employment.--BENEFITS
- Sign On Bonus to paid over 1 year.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short-term
disability, long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off
(PTO), paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, scholarship
opportunities, retirement plans, free parking, and opportunities
Keywords: Norman Regional Health System, Norman , Registered Nurse , Human Resources , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!