Posted on: May 19, 2019
Nextep is a certified Professional Employer Organization (PEO), we
work hand-in-hand with small and mid-sized companies to provide HR
services including payroll, benefits, human resources, risk &
compliance, and more. Nextep has been recognized as a Best Place to
Work in Oklahoma and we were recognized for excellence in corporate
ethics by the Oklahoma Ethics Consortium.
At Nextep, our employees work every day to elevate the employment
experience and enrich people's lives. We take that endeavor
seriously and extend that spirit of enrichment to business owners,
their employees, and each other.
Nextep is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our team in our
Norman office. We are seeking an individual that will assist our
clients in processing timely and accurate payroll in accordance
with federal, state, and local statutes. The Payroll Specialist
consults with clients on best payroll practices and proactively
researches compliance and tax issues. This position provides
initial and on-going system training and troubleshooting to new and
- Processing a variety of documents related to employee hires,
terminations, garnishments and levies, and various benefit
- Coordinates with clients daily to obtain payroll data including
salary adjustments, special payments, tax allocations and employee
deductions and to set schedules.
- Supports and assists clients in the administration of their
payroll, including troubleshooting Nextep's payroll system, web
platform, timekeeping system and onboarding system as needed.
- Maintains a high rate of client retention through quality
- Provides and recommends clients with reporting as needed.
- Responsible for building and maintaining Paid Time Off policies
within Nextep's payroll system and timekeeping system, in
accordance with the policy outlined in their Nextep-provided
- Keeps abreast of changes and updates within the payroll
processing system to be efficient in duties, to maximize use for
client benefit and to be able to research and resolve client
questions and system discrepancies.
- Advise clients on wage and tax laws as it pertains to the
administration of payroll.
- Assists in development of overall payroll procedures by
recommending improvements or changes when deemed necessary for
- Ensures compliance with regard to all local, state, and federal
regulations and laws.
- Supports the Payroll Team Lead with the implementation of any
process changes or projects designated by the Payroll
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university
- 1 to 2 years of related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and/or Google Suite
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work under pressure and handle
highly sensitive issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service
skills with the ability to handle sensitive employee issues in a
highly confidential manner.
Nextep is extremely committed to the success, development, and
long-term engagement of our employees. In addition to our unique
corporate culture, we offer an attractive benefits package
including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and 401(k),
HSA, tuition reimbursement and much more. You can learn more about
Nextep and our services at www.nextep.com.
If you would like to be a part of our growing team please apply
today! Nextep is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Nextep, Norman , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!