Company: Johnson Controls
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Test HVAC system and perform necessary repairs to ensure the safe
and functional operation of each unit.
- Perform mechanical tests on finished units such as heat
systems, fans, blowers, etc.
- Evaluate test results and perform necessary repairs.
- Ensure units are in compliance with Federal standards on Freon
- Provide feedback and repair data to other associates to
identify problems and implement corrective measures in the assembly
- Certify the quality of each unit produced to ensure it meets
- Ensure the safety of work associates during the testing
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of electrical test equipment: Hi-pot probe,
Multimeter, Amp Probe, Amp meter, Auto-test and associated
probes/sensors, Flame probe, Charge equipment, Pressure gauges,
- Basic understanding of electrical principles, e.g. function of
relays, capacitors, switches, voltage, current, etc.
- Knowledge of refrigerant systems: operating pressures, defrost,
- Knowledge of schematics; ability to read electrical
- Mechanical listening skills; reversing valves, fans, spark
- Ability to visually check units for fit, leaks, rotation and
- Brazing skills and certification is necessary in the repair of
- Line experience in multiple areas.
- Demonstrated quality background; ability to read bills and
- Mechanical skills for test and repairs, e.g., heat system,
fans, blowers, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Very repetitive work, continuous standing,
pushing, pulling, lifting and carry of heavy and/or bulk part
required. Weight amounts may vary from 5 pounds to 50 pounds, any
amount over 50 pounds requires physical or mechanical help. Arm
strength and coordination required for use of pneumatic tools.
Repetitive motion of hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders. Ability
to raise arms above chest level and over head. Rotating of upper
body to lift and position parts on units or conveyor line.
Continuous visual and some close mental attention to details
involved in assembling unit to blueprint specifications.
"Practice safe work and environmentally friendly behavior and
participate actively in safety and environmental training. Maintain
and use as required all personal protective equipment (PPE)and
other safety equipment provided. Follow environmentally sound
practices to help reduce pollution and conserve natural resources.
Understand hazards associated with job assignments and alert
supervisor/management of any unsafe conditions or environmental
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Norman , Unit Tester/Repair, IT / Software / Systems , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!