Dietitian - Ada, Oklahoma - RDCD Dietician
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Dietitian - Ada, OklahomaDescriptionProvide your personal
attention and kindness, professional insight, and a generosity of
spirit. Offer expertise and encouragement. Enhance each patient's
future-as well as your own.Connect with your goals and change
liveswith Fresenius Medical Care North America.--Here, we make
connections that empower patients, their families, and our team
members. As the global leader in dialysis healthcare, we form bonds
that enable the best possible outcomes and professional
satisfaction. While our extensive organization continues to grow,
so do opportunities for our professionals to learn, grow, and
advance.--Why Join the Fresenius Team?Passion. Dedication.
Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive
qualities you'll find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our
strength in the North American market and extensive global network
provide our employees with the best of both worlds-the friendliness
of a local organization and the stability of a worldwide
organization-for diverse experiences and challenging career
opportunities. When you join the Fresenius Medical Care team,
you'll be welcomed into a company that is built on the philosophy
that our employees are our most important asset. Our career
advantages include the following:--
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation's largest provider of
renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at
1,800 clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of
camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional
support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare quality control, and certification
procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies in
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11
- Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and
community outreach programs.--Registered Dietitian-Renal
CareEmbrace this opportunity to help patients live better lives and
accomplish important professional objectives. As part of an
interdisciplinary team within our Medical Services division, the
professional we select will provide patients with counseling and
nutritional assessments, and calculate prescription diets. This
individual will assess patient knowledge of diet and kidney
disease, and offer patient-specific, detailed information about
nutritional status, adequacy measures and results, fluid status,
and nutrition-related lab parameters.--PURPOSE AND SCOPE:Supports
FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service
philosophy.-- Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including
following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.-- Provides
nutritional services for the facility's in-center and home patients
as applicable in order to maximize the patient's nutritional status
and improve clinical outcomes.-- Functions as a member of the
interdisciplinary healthcare team, supporting the FMCNA commitment
to the Quality Enhancement Program (QEP) and Quality Assessment and
Performance Improvement (QAI) activities.-- Actively participates
in process improvement activities that enhance the likelihood that
patients will achieve their individualized patient-specific goals
as determined by the patient's physician.-- --DUTIES /
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and
customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external
and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through
effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up
regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely
manner.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assesses patient's knowledge of diet and kidney disease and
provides education appropriate to patient's learning needs
regarding the relationship of diet and kidney disease and the
impact on the treatment process.
- Provides patient specific detailed education to
patient/family/caregiver regarding nutritional status, adequacy
measures and results, fluid status, and all nutrition related lab
parameters pertaining to their disease process.
- Completes nutritional assessment and participates in the
interdisciplinary comprehensive assessments.
- Participates with the interdisciplinary team in the development
of a written, individualized comprehensive plan of care that
specifies the services necessary to address the patient's needs, in
accordance with established Federal and, where applicable, state
- Calculates diet prescription according to standard of
- Completes progress notes on all chronic dialysis patients
according to established FMCNA guidelines.-- Maintains complete and
accurate documentation of all appropriate information in medical
record according to established FMCNA policies and Federal and
- Provides patient with ongoing nutrition assessment and
outcome-oriented nutrition counseling necessary to assist patient
in achieving and sustaining an effective nutritional status.
- Identifies malnourished patients as well as patients at risk
for malnutrition and works collaboratively with interdisciplinary
team to identify appropriate interventions, resources or
solutions.-- Reviews each patient's albumin level and body weight
at least monthly. Implements plan of care with involvement of
- Monitors adherence and response to nutrition therapy, adjusts
therapy as needed to achieve and sustain an effective nutritional
status, documents why the patient was unable to achieve the goals
and implements the plan of care to address issues impacting the
patient's ability to achieve the goals.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team on Urea Kinetic
Modeling recommendations to achieve the physician's prescription of
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team on management and
recommendations for mineral metabolism and renal bone disease,
anemia and iron status, nutritional status, psychosocial status,
vascular access, modality, rehabilitation status and sodium/volume
- Adheres to FMCNA algorithm and medical record policies.
- Reports on nutrition QAI results and participates in the
interdisciplinary QAI program.----
- Collaborates and coordinates with team members in provision of
Pre-ESRD education as appropriate.
- When appropriate, works with Case Manager to coordinate plan of
care for patient education and identifies candidates to refer to
physician for nutritional supplements, as per disease management
- Reviews nutrition related lab results:--- Counsels patient
and/or caregiver and formulates appropriate action.--- Recommends
treatment changes to the interdisciplinary team as appropriate.---
Communicates with physician and/or facility staff regarding lab
results as appropriate.--- Communicates lab results and recommended
treatment changes to providers of patient care in nursing
facilities (i.e. hospitals, short term and long term care
- Participates in pertinent staff meetings (i.e. general staff,
quality improvement), Care plan meetings, and others as
- Consults with FMS Corporate Dietitian regarding nutrition
concerns as needed.
- Maintains and improves knowledge and skills for a competent and
- Maintains dietetic registration and continuing education hours
as specified by American Dietetic Association and state licensure
regulations where applicable.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team, ensuring that all
work areas are safe and clean.
- Other nutrition management duties as assigned.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
AND WORKING CONDITIONS:The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job.-- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.--Day to day work includes desk and personal computer
work and interaction with patients, facility staff and
physicians.-- The position requires travel between assigned
facilities and various locations within the community.-- Travel to
regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be
required.--The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.--
May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- Registered Dietitian as per Commission on Dietetic
- Board Certified Specialist in Renal Nutrition encouraged.
- Current state licensure if applicable.--EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED
- Minimum of 1 year professional work experience in clinical
nutrition as a Registered Dietitian.
- Previous renal experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and skills for the
position, including ability to teach, strong organizational skills,
excellent communication, customer service, relationship
development, results orientation, team building and decision
- Able to perform responsibilities with minimum supervision.
- Basic computer skills required.EO/AA Employer:
Identity --Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a
drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Norman , Dietitian - Ada, Oklahoma - RDCD Dietician, IT / Software / Systems , Ada, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!