Engineering Leadership - Project Engineer - Expert Level
Posted on: February 15, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect,
explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn
and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your
future with us.OKC Electrical Engineering Group is seeking expert
project engineers. The candidate will provide engineering
leadership to a team representing multiple skill areas, which may
include internal and external resources and customers. The
candidate will develop statement of work (SOW) to satisfy research
and development, ongoing and new business requirements for Boeing
Military Aircraft, Military Derivative Aircraft (AEW&C, AWACS,
C-32/C-40, E-4B, VC-25A, KC-767, B-1B, B-2, B-52 and others),
Commercial Aircraft (737, 767, 787 and 777), and other diverse
projects. - Main area of focus will be to identify and manage
changes to SOW, assess the impact of those changes, incorporates
changes into the statement of work, and track performance metrics.
- Assignments will provide an excellent opportunity to learn
aircraft project management on the various platforms.Job
responsibilities may include---
- Works with customers and management to obtain approval.
- Identifies and manages changes to statement of work and
assesses the impact of those changes, and incorporates changes into
statement of work.
- Negotiates proposed changes to determine modifications to the
deliverables, resources, costs and schedules.
- Leads project execution to complete the work statement.
- Identifies performance metrics.
- Plans, identifies and coordinates resources required over the
life of the project or program.
- Assigns responsibility for activities to team members and
ensures technical correctness and consistency of products and
- Directs proposal development to complete the work
- Compares actual results to baseline plan to assess project
performance, efficiencies, productivity and lessons learned.
- Identifies corrective actions to improve project or team
- Provides technical, business and integration leadership for the
development and execution of project or team plans.
- Works under consultative mentorship.Boeing is the world's
largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial
airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers
and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators
and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for
yourself, for our customers and for the world.At Boeing, we are all
innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire.
From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow,
contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with
us.This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security
Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.Basic
Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry required
- 14 or more years' related work experience required
- This position requires that you work out of Oklahoma City,
- Must possess good organizational, interpersonal, and problem
- Must have demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of urgency
for completing assigned work with a history of meeting
- Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time as required
- Highly motivated and must work well in a team environment
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
writingPreferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- ABET accreditation is preferred
- Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Previous experience in Project EngineeringTypical
Education/Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience,
Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET
accreditation is the preferred, although not required,
accreditation standard.This position offers relocation based on
candidate eligibility.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Keywords: Boeing, Norman , Engineering Leadership - Project Engineer - Expert Level, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!