Electrical Wire Design Engineer (Level 1)
Posted on: February 16, 2020
The Boeing Company is seeking a Wire Design Engineer (Level 1) for
the Tankers Air Vehicle team located in Oklahoma City, OK. The team
is responsible for developing and performing design engineering for
sustainment, modification and improvements of military and
commercial derivative aircrafts.A successful candidate for this
position will possess Adaptability, Collaboration, Communication,
Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Systems Thinking,
Analytical Skills, Computer Aided Design Tools, Design/Produce
Process, Drawings/Data Systems and Models, Wiring Integration
Design and Decision Making skillsPrimary Responsibilities:Your
duties as an Electrical Wire Design Engineer will include (but are
not limited to):
- Develops and maintains basic cable/wire harness detail and
- Analyzes results and performs design reviews.
- Assists with engineering design disposition on discrepancies
(e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision
- Develops and maintains basic electrical product detail,
assembly and installation designs (e.g., equipment racks, power
panels, cable routing and geometry, antennas).
- Follows documented processes, specifications and procedures
that support the design and manufacture of electrical
- Collects data to support the development of statements of
- Assists in data gathering of supplier capabilities.
- Reviews functional and physical input used in the development
of integrated design and system architecture.
- Works under close supervision.At Boeing, we are all innovators
on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. - From the
seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work
that shapes the world. - Find your future with us!Security
Clearance and Export Control Requirements:This position requires
the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US
Government requires US Citizenship.Required qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering completed or
anticipated graduation date of Spring 2020
- Some experience in reading wiring diagrams and
- Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and
analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and
recommendations from appropriate data sources.
- Knowledge of computer aided design tools and systems (e.g.,
computer aided design/computer aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM),
computer aided three dimensional interactive (CATIA), Mentor
Graphics, Unigraphics). Able to manipulate data sets, (e.g.,
compare CATIA to measurement data, create stereo lithography
- Knowledge of Parts, Materials and Processes related to
Electrical, Electronic, Electro-mechanical, Electro-optical
- Knowledge of analytical processes, construction, integration
and performance evaluation.
- Knowledge of Parts, Materials and Processes management and
control, producibility, application limitations, packaging and
handling, radiation effects, reliability, failure modes, failure
analysis and techniques, instrumentation, assembly and repair
methods, obsolescence, drawings and fabrication, screening and
- Knowledge of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) considerations with respect to
electrical/electronic design (e.g., wire harness design, grounding
and shielding design techniques, lightning protection).
- Knowledge of electrical engineering and scientific principles;
the ability to apply this knowledge to develop, design, analyze,
test, integrate, and validate solutions for wire harness and
Education/Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical
education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the
preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Boeing is
the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of
commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We
are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers.
Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something
better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Keywords: Boeing, Norman , Electrical Wire Design Engineer (Level 1), Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!