Bundle Shop Supervisor
Company: EMCOR Group Inc.
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Ohmstede Ltd. An EMCOR Company, is the largest manufacturer of
shell and tube heat exchangers in the United States. We offer our
clients fully integrated turnaround, specialty maintenance, and
heat exchanger fabrication via our state-of-the-art repair and
fabrication facilities. Through the years, we've earned our
customer's trust and a reputation for expert quality service,
accountability, and for being a single point of responsibility on
all the projects we manage ---- regardless of project size or tight
deadlines Major Duties:
- Accomplishes product assembly by supervising employees,
planning, organizing and monitoring work flow.
- Provides results by communicating job expectations; planning,
monitoring, and appraising work; training, coaching and counseling
employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing processes and
- Leads and directs employees by ensuring adherence to
performance standards, recognizing accomplishments, addressing
performance issues, implementing performance improvement plans, and
coaching/counseling as appropriate.
- Responsible for all documentation related to managing
subordinates. Including, but not limited to, recommendations for
promotion or pay increases, disciplinary action and safety
- Anticipates, plans, and schedules personnel and material to
meet production requirements.
- Maintains a safe work environment; ensures appropriate
procedures are followed; complies with all legal regulations.
- Responsible for the layout and cutting of baffles and for the
structural welding of bundles: GMAW, SMAW, GTAW, FCAW
- Manages the assembly of bundle skeletons, hanging of tube
sheets, and poking and rolling of tubes.
- Directs hydrostatic testing, installation of bundles into
shells, and loading of completed units onto transportation
platforms (flatbed truck, train, shipping, etcetera)
- Handles personnel issues as necessary and takes corrective
action within company policies.
- Assures that work is set-up and performed in a safe manner,
adhering to all safety rules and methods, and avoiding all unsafe
- Appraises subordinate performance and knowledge providing
constructive feedback and guidance on an informal, day-to-day
basis. Performs formal evaluations as scheduled.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned. Qualifications: Skills
- Strong customer service and relationship skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills, specifically the ability to use Microsoft
Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated technical and analytical problem solving
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and recommend
corrective action and preventable measures.
- Ability to work in a team environment. Education:
- High school diploma, knowledge of metals, production and
fabrication knowledge, 1 st class boilermaker rating. Experience:
- 10 years of experience with the manufacturing of shell and tube
exchangers or a closely related industry that would directly lend
itself to the individual being successful in the custom heat
exchanger fabrication environment. Related industry experience
could include pressure vessels, boilers or similar equipment.
Supervisory experience required .
- Experience with ASME Pressure Vessel Code, TEMA and/or API is a
definite plus. Working Conditions - Cold, hot, dusty, dirty, noisy,
requires a 50 pound lifting ability. Must be able to bend, lift,
push/pull, climb, squat, crawl, and reach overhead. Exposed to
normal shop hazards. We offer our employees a competitive salary
and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for
individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to
our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/D/V
Keywords: EMCOR Group Inc., Norman , Bundle Shop Supervisor, Other , Sulphur, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!