Production Supervisor - Fabrication (1rst shift)
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What you will do
At Johnson Controls, a Global 500 corporation, we are dedicated
to powering our customers' missions through product innovation and
world class manufacturing processes. We have an outstanding
opportunity for a dynamic and growth oriented Production Supervisor
at our 1M+ square foot continuous flow facility in Norman, OK
This position is accountable for directing the activities of a
work team in meeting daily production schedules in the
assembly/fabrication of sub-assemblies, parts, or units of an
assigned area while maintaining a high degree of commitment to
production goals, efficiency, quality, and safety standards.
How you will do it
- Facilitates and directs team members workflow within the
assigned department, including distributing work, disseminating
information, assigning team members for absences, answering
questions, and resolving problems within the work unit.
- Controls costs within budget levels, minimizing scrap and
- Anticipates and reacts to production problems or delays,
materials shortages and equipment malfunctions.
- Provides technical assistance for equipment malfunctions and
- Works with engineering to effect improvements in cost
reduction, work simplification, production scheduling, and man hour
- Supervises evaluates and trains the work group. Assists in
accident investigation and corrective action.
- Promotes safe work environment and assure employees follow all
- Maintains accurate production and employee records.
- Maintains fair and consistent application of all company
policies and procedures.
- Utilize LEAN tools to measure and improve the departments Key
Business Drivers (i.e. VSM, SMED, 5s, TPM, Kaizen, etc.).
- Other duties may be assigned.
What we look for
- High School Diploma or equivalent combined education and
experience, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of leadership experience in a manufacturing
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including
e-mail and Microsoft Office software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision-making ability.
- Effective and professional communication and organization
- Demonstrate full knowledge and understanding of production
processes and methods, and strong knowledge of safety requirements
- Basic understanding of materials system.
- Ability to train, organize and supervise the efforts of a work
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you
are an individual with a disability and you require an
accommodation during the application process, please visit
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Norman , Production Supervisor - Fabrication (1rst shift), Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!