Company: Werner Enterprises Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Transportation Manager is responsible for day to day
transportation operations. This includes driver management, load
planning, and customer service functions needed to ensure customer
satisfaction. The operational functions include revenue generation,
safety, recruiting, equipment maintenance monitoring, and driver
payroll. This must be accomplished in conjunction with meeting the
key performance indicators established by the Dedicated Logistics
Manager, Operations Manager and our customer.
- Driver Support: Build and maintain driver relationships through
understanding and meeting driver needs. These needs include, but
are not limited to home time, payroll, utility, equipment
breakdowns, logging violations, equipment issues, etc.
- Assigning drivers to loads by optimizing load information such
as origination, destination, type of freight, number of miles,
stops, directions, etc. with driver needs and availability. This is
done using the AS400 computer system, Qualcomm satellite,
face-to-face communication, and phone.
- Monitor drivers load assignments to achieve customer service
- Maximize asset utility while focusing on idle reduction and mpg
- Manage driver utilization to meet and exceed account goals to
provide customer value.
- Monitor driver's safety needs, pre-trip inspections and CSA
scores to ensure safe, legal and on-time delivery of freight.
- Ensure home time is met for all drivers in accordance with
- Customer Support: Coordinate maintenance needs of driver's
equipment to ensure schedule services, recalls and breakdowns are
completed in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain positive and professional working
relationships with drivers, internal associates and customers.
- Understand and adhere to our customer's dynamics, service
expectations, goals, and initiatives as they relate to improving
value for the Customer and Werner.
- Additional customer support may include, but is not limited to,
handing load paperwork, monitoring yard drivers, completing yard
checks/trailer pool management, etc.
- Additional Support: Complete required account reporting for
internal and external customers.
- Interface with various departments such as billing, vans,
customer service, risk, safety, payroll, fuel, maintenance and
- Ensures compliance with all policies and procedures while
making safety conscious decisions and promoting a safety
- Continually focus on driver retention.
- Work closely with Dedicated Logistics Manager and/or Operations
Supervisor to fill and maintain a full board of drivers.
- Daily reporting of driver Days in Service (DIS). Accuracy and
attention to detail is critical due to impact of account
- Perform related duties such as backing up the Dedicated
Logistics Manager, auditing or compiling reports or other assigned
tasks by account leadership.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Dedicated
- A Bachelor's degree (Business Admin, Marketing or
Transportation/Logistics) and/or two to three years of fleet
management or transportation experience in the truckload industry
- Six months to one year of supervisory experience
- Strong organizational skills, proven management ability, and
skill in operating a computer terminal and satellite communications
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or
veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage
applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an
Keywords: Werner Enterprises Inc, Norman , Transportation Manager, Other , Ardmore, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!