Bilingual Front Office Receptionist
Company: Good Shepherd Community Clinic, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Bilingual Front Office Receptionist welcomes each patient,
engages with the patients while entering the patients information
into the electronic health record. They answer, return, and forward
telephone calls, emails, and faxes to the appropriate staff member.
They handle requests for information about the clinic, how to
become a patient, etc. The Bilingual Front Office Receptionist
helps patients determine if they might be eligible to apply for
Medicare or Medicaid benefits and helps them navigate that process.
They also provide professional, accurate on-site interpreting
services for Spanish speaking patients of the clinic.
- Patient Access Manager
- Wellness Team
- Dental Team
- Wellness Team
- Insurance Companies
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Work directly with patients and perform data entry in EHR
- Answer, return and forward telephone calls depending on the
- Ensure demographics are updated each visit
- Ensure appropriate documents are received and entered in
- Interpreting services
- Welcome and greet patients and clinic guests in a friendly and
pleasant manner using excellent customer service.
- Schedule appointments for GSCC staff.
- Notify Medical Team of patient arrivals and inform patients of
any possible delays in seeing provider.
- Politely answer, return, and forward telephone calls, emails
- Take and distribute messages to appropriate staff.
- Enter, correct and maintain important patient information in
EMR by obtaining, recording and updating personal and financial
information on patients when changes are necessary.
- Collect and record patient fees based upon the patients
financial status on the sliding fee scale.
- Balance patient fees received with patient receipts.
- Making deposits.
- Perform assigned cleaning duty as scheduled.
- Fax, scan and copy documents as needed.
- Provide Consultation Planning services to patients as requested
(assisting patients in making a list of questions for medical
- Provide Consultation Recording and Summary services to patients
- Link patients with appropriate resources and appropriate
referrals to outside agencies.
- Prepare routine departmental correspondence to referring
agencies and primary care providers.
- Maintain patient files according to patient confidentiality
standards, and HIPAA regulations.
- Maintain personal knowledge base of Medicare & Medicaid
resources, both in-house and outside.
- Maintain and increase knowledge base on medical terminology
procedures and up-to-date treatment protocols.
- Remind patients of appointments, coordinating nonclinical
services and maintaining appropriate documentation of patient
contact, referrals and services provided.
- Provide interpreting services for patients at their appointment
- Ability to work and act independently, with regular support and
supervision from the Patient Access Manager.
- Maintain the confidentiality of GSCC information to include
protected health information.
- Work as a member of a team and promote teamwork with other
- Work with patients in a compassionate, non-judgmental
- Responsible for risk management and patient safety and is
accountable for the systems for which you work
- Adhere to GSCC Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned
- Respect for all others; seeing value in all people
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with team
- Displays excellent internal and external customer service
- Positive attitude
- A high degree of personal and professional discretion and
- Ability to think and act quickly while maintaining a high-level
of customer service and professionalism
- Mature, with good problem-solving skills
Knowledge and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience in a health care setting is preferred.
- Strong computer skills are a must.
- Highly motivated, well-organized and detail oriented.
- Able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment,
while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and exceptional
customer service with diverse constituencies.
- Ability to communicate written and orally in English and
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job,
employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk and
hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to
finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach
with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds.
Keywords: Good Shepherd Community Clinic, Inc., Norman , Bilingual Front Office Receptionist, Other , Ardmore, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!