SPRC Youth Engagement Coordinator
Company: The University of Oklahoma
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Youth Engagement Coordinator for the national Suicide
Prevention Resource Center (SPRC.org) will provide expertise and
technical assistance to state agencies, tribal nations,
institutions of higher education, professional organizations,
coalitions, and other constituents to build their capacity to
integrate youth voice into suicide prevention efforts. While this
position will be responsible for convening the SPRC Youth Advisory
Committee, the primary focus of the work will be with adult
professionals, organizations, and suicide prevention systems.
- Assess annually the training needs of constituents working to
center youth voices in suicide prevention.
- Plan, coordinate, and provide training and services to the
field on incorporating youth voice into suicide prevention
- Participate in quality improvement activities for SPRC training
and technical assistance services
- Convene the SPRC Youth Advisory Committee (18- 24 year
- Promote available resources and develop new resources for young
people at risk for suicide and their families.
- Attend state, regional, and national meetings and trainings as
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree OR an
equivalent combination of education/job related experience,
- 18 - 36 months of related experience in convening youth
coalitions or committees and providing training and technical
assistance around best practices in public health, behavioral
health, or related topics.
- Expertise in suicide prevention and/or related work with youth
at risk for behavioral health problems.
- Knowledge of youth coalition/ committee development
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal communication, and
cultural competence skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Zoom
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and
- Ability to track details of and maintain effective planning
design methods to support successful events
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication
- Strong organizational, participation and facilitation
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to communicate including expressing oneself or
exchanging information with others, engage in repetitive motion
including movements of the hands, wrists or fingers, sit, stand,
touch including finger dexterity, push, pull, carry, and lift.
- 48 months of related experience in convening youth coalitions
or committees and providing training and technical assistance
around incorporating youth perspectives in suicide prevention or
other behavioral health initiatives
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate
for this position, you will be subject to The University of
Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the
policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Keywords: The University of Oklahoma, Norman , SPRC Youth Engagement Coordinator, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!