Licensed Practical Nurse - General Internal Medicine
Company: The University of Oklahoma
Posted on: June 7, 2021
OU Health Physicians is Oklahoma's largest physician group and
encompasses almost every adult and child specialty.
This position is located in the General Internal Medicine
POSITION INFORMATION: Performs nursing duties such as patient
preparation, sample collection, information gathering, patient
follow-up, data collection, and medication administration.
- Patient Preparation. Prepares patient for examination by the
physician by having charts ready, etc.
- Sample Collection. Collects samples from patients including
blood, urine, etc. Prepares samples for analysis or shipment.
- Information Gathering. Takes and records various readings such
as heart and respiratory rate, blood pressure, weight, body
- Patient Follow Up. Makes follow up patient appointments, or
follows up on patient appointments. Answers routine questions from
patients, family, etc.
- Data Collection. Collects all laboratory reports, data, and
- Medication Administration. Under direction of physician or
other medical personnel, administers medication to patients.
- As Needed. Performs various duties as needed to successfully
fulfill the function of the position.
Education: Completion of an accredited practical nursing
- Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of
Oklahoma or able to obtain within 90-days of hire date in this
- Registered as an LPN in the State of Oklahoma
- Current Health Care Provider BLS/CPR (must be Health Care
Provider) certification or able to obtain within 60 days from date
OU Health Hospitals and OU Health Physicians are merging into
one clinical enterprise. This position will transition employment,
along with existing staff to OU Health Physicians as of July 1,
Keywords: The University of Oklahoma, Norman , Licensed Practical Nurse - General Internal Medicine, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!