Clinical Registered Nurse
Company: The University of Oklahoma
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Position Information: Provides professional nursing-related
healthcare in a medical specialty.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care in a
designated patient population or specialty.
- Assists physician during the examination as needed.
- Ensures that all information is available to the
- Accompanies physician on rounds and keeps informed of special
orders concerning patients.
- Collects samples from patients including blood, urine,
- Prepares samples for analysis or shipment; collects all
laboratory reports, data, and records.
- Takes and records various readings such as heart and
respiratory rate, blood pressure, weight, body temperature,
- Makes follow up patient appointments or follows up on patient
- Answers routine questions from patients, family, etc.
- Under direction of physician or other medical personnel,
administers medication to patients.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals to provide
efficient quality patient care.
- Evaluates and improves teaching and nursing practices and
- Provides educational information to patients, family, and/or
- Counsels patients and family about death, side effects of
medication, and therapy.
- Responds to and intervenes in emergency situations such as
anaphylaxis, hypoglycemia, hypotension, hemorrhage, respiratory
- Assumes lead role to ensure policies, procedures, and
physician's orders are followed.
- Directs and evaluates the work of some personnel that may
include Clinic Clerks, Licensed Practical Nurses, Medical
Assistants, and other Nurses.
- Trains and schedules workloads of employees.
- Performs specialized testing using physician-guided
- Assesses and monitors patient response to procedures and
- Reports patient condition and reaction to tests, drugs,
treatments, and any significant incidents to the physician.
- Instructs medical personnel in the use of highly specialized
research equipment, drugs, etc.
- Participates in and contributes to research activities that are
related to the area of specialization in which they are
- Participates in conferences pertaining to the research
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the
function of the position.
Education: Master's Degree in Nursing with clinical
Experience: 12 months professional nursing (RN) experience in
the designated specialty
Preferred: Experience in designated healthcare specialty
- Active Registered Nurse (RN) and Advanced Practice Registered
Nurse-CNS (APRN-CNS) license in State of Oklahoma AND Active board
certification Nurse Practitioner or ability to obtain the required
licensure from the State of Oklahoma within 30 days after the offer
- Must have active Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license
or ability to apply for such license prior to or upon hire
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification and Advanced
Life Support (ALS) certifications.
- If relevant to practice area, Advanced Cardiovascular Life
Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Neonatal
Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification obtained within 90 days
of employment in this position.
- Advanced knowledge of techniques needed to diagnose and treat
illness or injury related issues, to includes but not limited to
treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and
preventive health care measures.
- Advanced knowledge of (Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Ability to give full attention to what is being said and
understand the points being made.
- Ability to ask questions when appropriate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with staff, physicians, visitors, vendors, and
patients in a tactful, diplomatic, and pleasant manner.
- Ability to work in stressful situations and meet
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information.
- Well organized and ability to handle multiple projects and
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with students, faculty,
staff, and providers.
- Ability to solve problems.
Keywords: The University of Oklahoma, Norman , Clinical Registered Nurse, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!