Clinical Dietitian, PRN
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: June 7, 2021
- Directs the nutritional care of patients and/or residents with
special needs including screening, assessment, intervention, care
and discharge planning to ensure patient and /or resident nutrition
needs and customer satisfaction are met.
- Adheres to all care standards from federal, state and Joint
Commission standards for delivery of nutrition care. Monitors
patient progress, reassesses and makes adjustments to care plan as
appropriate. Participates in discharge planning and assists the
patient and family with education and resources needed.
- Collaborates with and advises physicians, nurses, therapists
and other care providers regarding issues related to patient
nutritional care. Actively participates in care coordination
- Identifies patients needing nutrition education and initiates
the education process by assessing educational needs and
identifying resources for on-going nutrition care. Considers age,
cultural practices, emotional barriers, desire and motivation to
learn, physical and cognitive limitations. Involves patient
family/significant other in education. Selects, adapts and develops
nutrition education materials and techniques to accomplish patient
- Contributes to the nutrition education experiences of medical
residents, nurses, pharmacists or other interested parties as
- Provides nutrition information and education to community by
presenting nutrition education programs that are planned, factual,
appropriate for audience and of appropriate length.
Handouts/audiovisual aides are used when suitable
- Remains up to date on advances in nutrition and diet therapy
through continuing education to possess most up-to-date knowledge
of meet clients' needs. Provides input and recommendations to
revise clinical guidelines and or procurement of educational
materials to assure best practices.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Dietetics or related field
- Frequent reaching, sitting, standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish
- Occasional driving.
- Rare repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements and
Keywords: SSM Health, Norman , Clinical Dietitian, PRN, Other , Shawnee, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!