Licensed Practical Nurse - OB/GYN
Company: The University of Oklahoma
Posted on: June 8, 2021
OU Health Physicians is Oklahoma's largest physician group and
encompasses almost every adult and child specialty.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN THE OB/GYN CLINIC.
POSITION INFORMATION: Performs nursing duties such as patient
preparation, sample collection, information gathering, patient
follow-up, data collection, and medication administration.
- Patient Preparation. Prepares patient for examination by the
physician by having charts ready, etc.
- Sample Collection. Collects samples from patients including
blood, urine, etc. Prepares samples for analysis or shipment.
- Information Gathering. Takes and records various readings such
as heart and respiratory rate, blood pressure, weight, body
- Patient Follow Up. Makes follow up patient appointments, or
follows up on patient appointments. Answers routine questions from
patients, family, etc.
- Data Collection. Collects all laboratory reports, data, and
- Medication Administration. Under direction of physician or
other medical personnel, administers medication to patients.
- As Needed. Performs various duties as needed to successfully
fulfill the function of the position.
Education: Completion of an accredited practical nursing
Certifications/ Licenses: Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse
(LPN) in the State of Oklahoma or able to obtain within 90 days of
hire date in the position, and registered as a Licensed Practical
Nurse in the State of Oklahoma.
OU Health Hospitals and OU Health Physicians are merging into
one clinical enterprise. This position will transition employment,
along with existing staff to OU Health Physicians as of July 1,
Keywords: The University of Oklahoma, Norman , Licensed Practical Nurse - OB/GYN, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!