Director of Operations, Women's Soccer
Company: The University of Oklahoma
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Basic functions of Director of Operations, Women's Soccer
position is to advance and support the vision and mission of the OU
Women's soccer program by providing our student athletes with the
all the necessary resources to compete on the field, excel in the
classroom, unlock their true potential and prepare them for life
after graduation- with winning in all these areas as the ultimate
goal. The Director of Operations is responsible for managing all
general business operations and logistics of the Women's soccer
team, including and not limited to budgeting, competition
contracts, team travel, recruiting travel, scheduling, summer
camps, compliance, equipment management and compliance
- Assist Head Coach with co-ordination, guidance, direction and
supervision of the Women's soccer program
- Management of computer systems operations such as CONCUR, ACS,
- Full responsibility for the execution of all expense reports
for the team and the staff members.
- Full responsibility for the arrangement of all staff recruiting
travel needs including hotels, transportation and itineraries.
- Full responsibility of Team travel budget and associated
collaboration with different departments.
- Exercises approval authority of invoices, interdepartmental
transfers, payroll etc.
- To deliver weekly itineraries to the team and support staff in
collaboration with the Head Coach.
- To support in Team Equipment logistics (ordering, delivery,
storage, embroidery etc.)
- Management of all Team Travel Arrangements including but not
limited to Air/ Bus travel, pre-arranged meals, reservations of
meeting spaces and EQ, hotel reservations, communication with
hotels and restaurants, development of team itineraries,
communication with competition venue and event management at home
and away venues and game information distribution
- Attends all home and away competitions, manages timelines and
communication with the team and manages all related logistical
scenarios (meals, team trainings, walk throughs, match day
- Management and communication with all referees/ officials at
all home games including and not limited to officials travel, set
up, game preparation.
- Responsible for the execution of all game contracts after
collaboration from the Head Coach/ Lead Scheduler
- Lead, take initiative and build out all social media platforms
to maximize visibility in collaboration with communications,
graphic design and marketing departments on a daily, weekly,
monthly and yearly basis.
- Responsible for delivery of official/ unofficial visit
itineraries, travel arrangements and necessary timely communication
- Responsible for communication with the ticket office to drive
up the number of fans at our games, develop season ticket strategy,
promotional days and distribution of player pass list.
- Responsible to build out and grow our Alumni network and
schedule one OU Soccer Alumni day each year.
- Assist Marketing Director with all season marketing plans, team
and student athlete appearances and marketing materials.
- Development and scheduling of Community Service programs for
our program and student athletes.
- Responsible for the oversight of our camp program including and
not limited to:- main communication point person, programming,
scheduling, employment of coaches, management of website, marketing
and execution and payroll.
- Execution of recruiting mailouts and parent mailouts.
Required Education: Bachelor Degree OR an equivalent combination
of education/job related experience, OR
- 48 months experience in operations, event management, office
management, camp management or international/ collegiate/ high
level competitive club soccer.
- Ability to speak, read and write clear, concise English
- Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and
- Strong initiative to solve problems
- Able to work well with interdepartmental teams and
- Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with current
and prospective students, coaches and staff members
- Drivers license required in order to transport equipment and
staff to competition sites.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to climb, crouch, reach, stand, engage in
repetitive motions, speak, including expressing oneself or
exchanging information with others; see, including color, depth
perception and clarity, and hear including receiving detailed
- Event or sports camp planning and management.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules.
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties
If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you
will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus
Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse,
equitable, and inclusive university community by embracing each
person's unique contributions, background, and
The University recognizes that fostering an inclusive
environment for all, with particular attention to the needs of
historically marginalized populations, is vital to the pursuit of
excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission. This
enhances the OU experience for all students, faculty and staff, and
for the communities that we engage.
Keywords: The University of Oklahoma, Norman , Director of Operations, Women's Soccer, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!