OU Health Physicians Tulsa provides medical excellence to each
of our patients in state-of-the-art practice locations throughout
the city. We have a dedicated team of providers in over 20
specialties offering extraordinary care, unmatched expertise and a
coordinated plan of care. From the Wayman Tisdale Specialty Health
Center to OU Health Physicians South Memorial and all spots in
between - we're committed to the health of our community's entire
OU Health Physicians Clinical Operations needs an experienced
surgical RN to provide professional nursing duties in our Surgery
Procedure Center as well as our Surgical Specialists Clinic. Our
Staff RN provides physician assistance, patient preparation for
surgical procedures, patient recovery and discharge instructions
following procedures; information gathering, patient follow up,
medication administration, data collection, collaboration, patient
education, emergency response, and staff supervision.
POSITION INFORMATION: Performs nursing duties in an ambulatory
practice setting. The Staff Registered Nurse will collaborate with
an inter-professional team to provide patient care in an office
setting, coordinate care across settings with patient, family,
and/or other care providers, use evidence-based practice to collect
and assess patient health data to develop a plan of care.
There are skills and responsibilities that are common across the
ambulatory setting (primary or specialty care). A Staff Registered
Nurse may perform any or all of these skills and
These may include but are not limited to:
- Telephone, Medical Record, and in-person triage (for symptom
- Review and act on test results (lab, x-ray)
- Review and manage communications from internal and external
- Initiate and monitor intravenous (IV) infusions (clinic
- Assist or perform procedures (e.g. ECGs, dressing changes,
subcutaneous or intra-muscular injections, etc.)
- Provide patient education
- Assist with medication management (e.g. medication
- Complete accurate and timely documentation in the electronic
- Assist with management of urgent and emergent patient care
- Serve as a mentor and resource to others
- Assist with the coordination of care across the continuum (e.g.
inpatient, outpatient, home, skilled nursing facility,
- Assist with the management of patients with multiple chronic
health conditions, acute episodes of care, behavioral health
challenges while promoting and supporting prevention and
- May float to other clinics on as needed for operations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education: Required: Bachelor's Degree in
Nursing.Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept an Associate's Degree
in Nursing with 24 months experice.
Experience: Experience in an ambulatory setting and/or surgery a
Certifications/ Licenses: State of Oklahoma Registered Nurse
License and CPR Certification
- Proficient surgical nursing and nursing team lead skills
applicable to this position.
- Must be proficient on all Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have the ability to access, input, and retrieve
information from the computer.
- Excellent customer service skills and must be able to be
sensitive and respectful of our patient's needs.
- Must be able to follow patient safety and confidentiality
- Must be able to work successfully with a diverse group of staff
and members of the public.
- Must be able to follow directions and work as part of a
Advertised Physical Requirements:
Outpatient Clinic: outpatient physician's office environment and
exposure. The essential functions of this position will involve
mobility (walking; being able to stand for long periods of time
during patient exams/procedures, etc.). Must be able to lift up to
(50) lbs in the function of patient positioning and assistance.
Surgery Procedure Center: Outpatient adult surgical procedures
environment and exposure. The essential functions of this position
will involve mobility (walking; being able to stand for long
periods of time during patient exams/procedures, etc.). Must be
able to lift up to 50 lbs in the function of patient positioning
and assistance. Must be able to frequently must be able to
frequently utilize hydraulics on patient gurney; frequently turn or
position patients in bed recovering from sedation; assist patients
in ambulating to restroom; utilize wheelchair to wheel patient to
vehicle following procedure; pull wheelchair back to building.
A few reasons why employees love working at OU-Tulsa!
Paid time off that begins accruing immediately and bi-weekly
Paid state government holidays for almost all positions.
Affordable, flexible medical & dental plan options for you &
Want to continue your own education? You will have reduced
Free tuition at OU for your qualifying dependents!
Your choice of several affordable and secure retirement
Flexible pre-tax spending accounts for health and child care
expenses. Debit card for your health care spending account.
Locations with free employee parking and accessible Tulsa
There's always something going on at OU-Tulsa! Lunch & Learns,
free seminars, and ways to become involved with your community.
Learn more about OU Health Physician's at the Tulsa campus
Should you be selected for this position, you may be asked to
provide verification of the following as it applies to the
position: academic experience, or degree(s); and licensure, or