Patient Services Representative - Float Pool
Company: The University of Oklahoma
Posted on: June 8, 2021
OU Health Physicians is Oklahoma's largest physician group and
encompasses almost every adult and child specialty.
This position is located in the Float Pool.
POSITION INFORMATION: Coordinates surgery schedules of patients
in an outpatient clinic and provides clerical assistance toward the
smooth operation of the facility.
- Schedules patient appointments, either by telephone or in
- Provides information about clinic operation.
- Obtains patient demographics on new patients and updates
demographics on established patients.
- Answers telephone calls and distributes to the appropriate
- Prepares and enters healthcare providers' schedules into the
Coordinates schedules as directed to patient requiring multiple
- Check In/Check Out
- Greets patients as they come into the clinic for scheduled
- Accepts payments and writes receipts.
- Totals encounter forms and inspects the form for completeness
- Codes procedures and diagnoses.
- Ensures the resident and faculty signatures are on the
encounter form and chart.
- Copies insurance cards and distributes to the appropriate
- Prepares encounter forms and billing packets for patients to be
- May prepare and type daily deposits.
- Balances and closes cash box daily.
- Prepares ancillary forms for other services (i.e. x-rays,
vascular studies, etc.).
Prints and faxes physician schedules to offices.
- Filing and Organization
- Pulls patient charts for appointments or to file lab, x-ray,
hospital information or other information into the chart.
- Copies medical records for patients and other providers or
- Files patient charts.
- Prepares inactive patient charts for storage. Maintains log of
charts in storage.
- Secures charts that have been sent to storage that are needed
in the clinic.
- Replaces torn charts with new covers.
- Makes up new patient charts and/or packets of information.
- Prepares new patient inserts for charts.
Requests medical records from other facilities.
- Referrals and Authorizations
- Talks to patients about financial accounts.
- Verifies insurance eligibility and primary care physicians for
- Secures referrals to other providers for HMO patients.
- Secures referrals from PCP's for HMO patients to be seen in the
Collects and verifies proof of income in order to determine what
sliding scale discount is appropriate, if any.
- Dispenses supplies as needed.
- Notifies appropriate person when supplies are low and need to
- Types notes and letters for physicians as needed.
- Makes immunization cards as needed.
- Logs mail receipts according to University policy.
Sorts and distributes mail.
- All Areas
- Communicates with patients of all ages in a professional manner
at all times.
- Communicates with co-workers and employees in a manner which
promotes a highly "team oriented" approach.
- Enhances professional growth and development through in-service
meetings and education programs.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
Education: High School diploma or GED
Experience: Requires12 months experience in a customer service
- Data entry skills
- Customer service experience
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Ability to enhance professional growth and development through
in-service meetings and education programs.
OU Health Hospitals and OU Health Physicians are merging into
one clinical enterprise. This position will transition employment,
along with existing staff, to OU Health Physicians as of July 1,
Keywords: The University of Oklahoma, Norman , Patient Services Representative - Float Pool, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!