The University of Oklahoma Libraries needs a creative,
mission-driven DevOps Engineer to join our Cloud Infrastructure &
Development team. As a member of this team, you will apply a modern
DevOps approach to the continuous improvement of operational
practices, system reliability, and cost-effectiveness of a diverse
portfolio of platforms and services supporting the library's role
as the intellectual crossroads of the university.
This position focuses on the development and operation of our
platforms for virtual research and document delivery. Additionally,
the position supports other key infrastructure, collaborating with
colleagues across disciplines and organizational boundaries to
plan, build, and operate components of the OU Libraries technology
The employment package for this position may include the ability
to work remotely.
The University of Oklahoma Libraries is dedicated to building
and fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable educational and
work environment. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote
regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender
expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, veteran
status and other protected status as required by applicable
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must attach the following documents in pdf
- Cover letter
- List of 3 Professional References
Hire will be contingent on submission of academic
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in programming,
information techology or a related field, or equivalent of
Required Experience: 36-48 months of experience in technology
- Ability to work with others in respectful, equitable, and
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with both team
members and external stakeholders.
- Experience working in an agile environment and ability to
adjust schedules and design goals to accommodate deadlines and busy
- Ability to rapidly learn, apply, and share new ideas and
- Experience applying DevOps principles to build and manage
reliable, maintainable systems using cloud-based
- Ability to develop and integrate complex information systems
based on multiple software applications.
- Programming experience with at least one high-level language
(Python, PHP, etc.).
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to use a computer daily.
Some of the following experience would be useful in onboarding
on to our team:
- Experience with the maintenance and administration of research
platforms (ILLiad, EZproxy, SOLR Search, etc.).
- Familiarity with current and arising libraries, online
research, and/or learning support technologies.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and
configuration-as-code practices using Ansible, Terraform, shell
scripts, and other tools.
- Proficiency in data collection and reporting.
- Experience with monitoring and notification platforms (Zabbix,
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate
for this position, you will be subject to The University of
Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the
policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.