Clinical Research Coordinator
Company: The University of Oklahoma
Posted on: June 8, 2021
POSITION INFORMATION: Coordinate clinical research projects by
assisting with IRB submissions, identifying and assessing patients,
managing data and data forms, as required for each protocol.
Conducting follow-up appointments with participants, attending
meetings pertaining to the program/project, and interfacing with
research sponsors, regulatory agencies; etc., as required under the
direction of the principle investigator for each research
- Protocol Preparation. Assembles necessary applications,
protocols, informed consent, HIPPA and other forms and submits them
to the IRB, VA R&D and other regulatory bodies, as needed.
- Follow-up. Responsible for the initiation, organization, and
carrying out of patient follow-up. Assesses patients at all
- Data Management. Information distribution and Clinical
Resource. Assists in data collection, management and analysis.
Distributes patient study information and obtains informed consent.
Serves as immediate clinical resource and is the liaison between
physicians, nurses, lab personnel, etc.
- Patient Identification and Assessment. Identifies patients who
may be eligible for participation in the program and performs
initial assessment. Takes or reviews clinical history, physical
exam, labs, etc. to determine if patient qualifies for the study.
Completes patient data forms.
- Meeting Attendance. Attends various meetings pertaining to the
research program. This includes, training programs directed at
protection of human subjects, sponsor meetings, meetings to review
data with the investigator. May present information pertaining to
the study at staff meetings.
- As needed. Performs various duties, as needed, to successfully
fulfil the function of the position and insure smooth and ethical
conduction of research studies.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Health Profession, Physical
Science, Biological Science, Licensed Practicle Nurse, Registered
Nurse, Physician Assistant
Experience: 24 months of clinical practice, nursing, or research
program coordinator experience
Certifications: Oklahoma State licensure is required for LPN,
Nurses, and Physician Assistants
Equivalent/ Substitution: Will accept 48 months of equivalent
experience in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree for a total of 72 months
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Moderate to advanced computer skills
- Microsoft office software experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of clinical trial protocols
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to explain the clinical trial study information to the
- Ability to read and follow instructions and guidelines
Keywords: The University of Oklahoma, Norman , Clinical Research Coordinator, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!