Chaplain - Davis
Posted on: June 8, 2021
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Chaplain who has a passion
for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality,
secured corrections and detention management services, providing
effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare
individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville,
Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide,
CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service,
high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better
the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Chaplain coordinates all religious services, programs, and
related activities at the facility. They will also provide pastoral
care, including pastoral counseling.
- Provide pastoral care to inmates/residents and staff as needed
or requested. Plan, facilitate or conduct various religious
services and programs.
- Provide direction and oversight regarding "emergency" and/or
"crisis" messages while ensuring that such reports are accurate,
verified, and appropriately documented. Arrange emergency phone
calls or visits to address issues involving serious illness, death,
or other emergencies.
- Make rounds of all housing units, special or restricted
housing, medical housing or other areas of facility on a regular
- Coordinate and manage the recruitment, administrative
oversight, training, and scheduling of volunteers providing
services to and within the facility.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a
Master's degree in Divinity, Theology or Religious Education is
- Three years of full-time pastoral experience is required.
- Additional pastoral experience may be substituted for the
required education on a year-for-year basis up to two years.
- Eligibility for denominational endorsement or equivalent
certification is required.
- Clinical Pastoral Education is preferred.
- Must obtain one unit of CPE within eighteen (18) months of hire
date if not currently held.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles and methods of
conducting religious services, teaching religions studies,
administering sacraments, and the methods, principles, and
practices of counseling.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum Age Requirement: Must be at least 20 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE - including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Norman , Chaplain - Davis, Other , Holdenville, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!