Company: Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma is seeking individuals
to help grow our mission- We help people overcome challenges to
employment. Working at Goodwill is more than a job. Joining our
team is a chance to do good for yourself and the community. With
our communitys donations and contract services we generate the
money needed to support our programs which provide training and
supportive services to individuals who seek greater
We invite you to take the first step in making a difference by
applying to a position with Goodwill.
JOB SUMMARY: To assist the store management in daily management
Direct Reports: Store Associates
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Provide excellent customer service and train employees in
customer / contributor service skills.
- Assist in preparation of daily reports.
- Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as
counting money, separating charge slips and balancing cash
- Assist in sales and processing of items.
- Conduct store monthly safety inspections in conjunction with
Store Manager to identify any potential hazards.
- Maintain safety log and coordinates safety drills.
- Attend training as required.
- Abide by the policies and procedures as set forth by the
- Review and be familiar with Goodwill of Central Oklahoma safety
policies, programs and procedures and adhere to all safety rules,
regulations and safety codes. Attend safety training and meetings
and report any unsafe work conditions, accidents or injuries
- Perform other duties and projects as required by
- High School degree or GED, preferred.
- Prior retail experience or customer service/ relations
- 6 months supervisory experience, preferred.
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Reliable transportation and communication, required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following:
- Live the Values
- Results Driven
- Customer Focus
- Job Skills Knowledge
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on several
projects at once.
- Strong sense of internal and external customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range
- Good math skills.
- Strong time management skills and demonstrate adherence to
timelines and schedules.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to complete and maintain:
- CPR and First Aid certifications
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
- This work is physical and requires the following activities:
Standing, walking, twisting, bending, grabbing and reaching for
long periods of time; occasional squatting, kneeling, stooping;
good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions;
talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
- The ability to push, pull and lift up to 50 pounds, or more
- Employee is required to operate a computer, and handle textiles
and donated goods. The employee must be able to move stock onto or
- Works in climate controlled retail or production environment
most of time but will be exposed to airborne particles such as
dust, mold, dirt and pollen as well as extreme heat and cold.
- Must be available to work during operating hours as needed for
business operations. Work schedule may include days, evenings,
weekends, holidays and blackout periods which may vary from week to
week as well as occasional overtime when approved by
- Works 40 hours per week or more when required.
- Moderate noise level.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position.
These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in
Keywords: Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma, Norman , Shift Leader, Other , Ada, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!