Customer Service Manager
Company: First Fidelity Bank
Posted on: June 8, 2021
At First Fidelity Bank, we are looking for talented,
enthusiastic team members with a passion for service excellence.
Our employees are critical to our overall success. We invest in our
employees by providing excellent training and development, as well
as advancement opportunities. We offer our employees a family
environment, great benefits, competitive pay and paid time off for
work/life balance. We are dedicated to giving back to the
communities we serve, and we encourage our employees to participate
in charitable giving and volunteer opportunities. One of our Core
Values is to provide a caring place to work where people truly
enjoy coming to work each day. Colleagues of First Fidelity Bank
take pride in working here, make lasting friendships and have
Supervises a team of Customer Service Representatives ("CSRs")
in the Bank's contact center. Fosters teamwork through fair and
consistent treatment of all colleagues. Provides effective
oversight, training, mentoring, and motivation to CSRs to maximize
optimum service performance. Role models service excellence and
ensures CSRs understand how their actions have a direct impact on
client satisfaction. Coaches CSRs on how to recognize client needs
through effective listening skills, asking need-defining questions,
and recommending appropriate products or services. Serves as a
manager on duty in the Contact Center for escalation of more
complex issues and calls needing resolution. Recognizes client
needs and matches them with appropriate products through sales or
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
- Reports to the Assistant Director of Customer Service. Supports
the Assistant Director in managing the daily activities in the
contact center. Monitors the productivity and quality of the CSRs
and keeps the Assistant Director informed of any issues and
- Exemplifies, by leading by example, and holds CSRs accountable
for meeting or exceeding the Bank's Mission, Vision, Core Values,
and Golden Rules of Service. Exemplifies high standards in terms of
client service, work ethic, attendance, compliance with banking
regulations, and following policies and procedures. Solidifies a
culture that exceeds expectations.
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring,
assessing and developing CSRs and handling employee relation
issues. Clearly communicates performance expectations to CSR staff.
Sets goals, conducts regular one-on-one meetings, provides on-going
performance coaching, and promotes an environment where CSRs feel
comfortable providing regular feedback. Works with Assistant
Director to make decisions related to CSR promotion, corrective
action or termination.
- Develops CSR schedules and ensures the contact center is
staffed to provide adequate coverage.
- Serves as a manager on duty for escalation of more complex
issues and calls needing resolution. Must understand the issues
CSRs face on the floor and be a reliable source of information to
resolve difficult client situations. Repairs and improves client
relationships through confident and professional handling of
escalated calls as needed.
- Recognizes client needs and matches them with appropriate
products through sales or referrals.
- Ensures CSRs provide prompt, courteous and accurate service to
Bank clients. Monitors recorded CSR client calls and online
contacts for quality and accuracy. Provides CSRs and Customer
Service leadership with feedback and suggestions for
- Monitors live chat conversations for timeliness of response
times, quality and accuracy. Coach CSRs on how to utilize effective
time management and prioritization skills in order to promptly
respond to live chats.
- Ensures CSRs comply with all laws, regulatory requirements,
with emphasis on information security and appropriate documents and
reporting are completed in a timely manner.
- Makes certain contact center equipment is operating and
serviced at acceptable standards. Makes recommendations concerning
equipment needs to Assistant Director.
- Actively seeks process improvement and makes recommendations to
Assistant Director of Customer Service.
- Prepares materials and assists in the planning of departmental
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
- Is available and is physically present in the Contact Center
during and after normal Bank hours to answer questions and solve
problems for CSRs and clients. Regular and reliable attendance is
an essential function of the job.
- At least five (5) years or more previous banking and/or
customer service contact center experience required.
- At least two (2) years or more previous supervisory experience
- Bilingual a plus.
- Live Chat experience a plus.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- College degree or equivalent banking or contact center
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS):
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Bank products and
services with an ability to train and mentor direct reports.
- Able to think, reason and react quickly in order to formulate
solutions and provide personalized client service.
- Able to demonstrate empathy with client concerns. Courtesy,
tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Must be
capable of dealing calmly and professionally with different
personalities or individuals from diverse cultures at various
levels within and outside of the Bank.
- Strong organizational skills that enable multiple tasks to be
balanced. Excels at adjusting to multiple demands and shifting
- Superior verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to
converse intelligently, clearly and understandably over the
telephone with clients and co-workers. This requires a pleasant and
professional tone and demeanor, good speaking articulation, rate of
speed, and ability to be clear and concise.
- Strong written communication and keyboarding skills in order to
accurately document/track status of issues, assist clients
virtually via the internet or our mobile app, and respond to
- Ability to consistently handle a large volume of contacts via
the telephone or internet, deal with stressful situations, remain
calm under pressure, and act in the Bank's self-interest.
- Independent decision making with defined guidelines.
- Adapts quickly to change and remains flexible.
- Ability to stay calm, appropriately control emotions, remain
professional under pressure, and handle stressful situations with
- Ability to generate and maintain strong team morale and
- Able to work independently, with minimum supervision, in a
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
Normal Office Environment
EEO/M/F/Disabled/Vets Member FDIC
Keywords: First Fidelity Bank, Norman , Customer Service Manager, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!