Sr. Patient Account Representative - Billing
Company: The University of Oklahoma
Posted on: June 9, 2021
OU Health Physicians is Oklahoma's largest physician group and
encompasses almost every adult and child specialty.
This position is located in Patient Accounts.
POSITION INFORMATION: Under general supervision, may participate
in any or all aspects of the patient processing and accounts
receivable functions of the organization including billing, charge
entry, collection, registration, scheduling, follow-up, coding,
payment posting and credit balance resolution. May reconcile daily
IDX system receivables reports. May balance monthly transactions
and provide summaries to faculty and department administration.
- Patient Registration
- Review patient admitting records and extracts relevant
- Records patient identification and demographic information in
the computerized billing system.
Contacts agency representatives to verify type and extent of
- Works with all areas of the organization in getting any
necessary or requested documentation for patients, insurance
carriers or other areas.
- May interact with hospital patient accounting or records
personnel to obtain patient demographic or other billing
- Operates hospital information system terminal to obtain patient
demographic information, patient insurance information and status
of approvals or denials.
- Assists in resolving department problems with billing.
Maintains records of charges, payments, third party charges,
- Answers patient's questions regarding statements, agency
- Handles correspondence regarding collection activity and
May receive patient payments and/or issue payment receipts.
- Initiates contact with patients and/or third party carriers if
there is a delay in responding to statements or claims.
- May process incoming and outgoing mail.
- May receive incoming telephone calls and resolve issues
- Records results of mail and telephone contacts on the computer
Interfaces with patients, physicians, and others regarding
professional billing operations and funds.
- Payment Posting
- Post receipts to proper patient accounts.
- Compare batch proofs and source documents for accuracy.
May be responsible for the department's cash drawer.
- Assists in reviewing and balancing transaction reports for
Reconciles daily receivables reports.
- As Needed
- Performs various duties as needed in order to successfully
fulfill the function of the position.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
Education: High School diploma or GED
Experience: 24 months experience in Medical Billing, Medical
Collections, Medical Billing Systems (IDX or other)
- Knowledge of medical terminology and billing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Able to use 10-key by touch
- Able to type 45 wpm
- Basic Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge
- Read EOB's (Explanations of Benefits)
- Analytical skills
OU Health Hospitals and OU Health Physicians are merging into
one clinical enterprise. This position will transition employment,
along with existing staff to OU Health Physicians as of July 1,
Keywords: The University of Oklahoma, Norman , Sr. Patient Account Representative - Billing, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!