Learner Retention Advisor - WorkSooner
Company: The University of Oklahoma
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The WorkSooner Learner Retention Advisor is responsible for
performing a variety of clerical and reception functions associated
with a robust, online non-credit program designed to provide IT,
Engineering, and Health certificates and/or individual courses to
state government, tribal government and private sector partners,
including workers unemployed or displaced as a result of COVID-19.
This position will provide wrap-around support to learners enrolled
in the program, including pre- and post-enrollment support and
educating learners on resume building, the interview process, and
Required Education: GED/High School Grad or equivalent
combination of education/job related experience, AND:
- 12-24 months experience in advising, resume building, skill
transformation, or customer service
- Ability to troubleshoot basic IT needs.
- Excellent customer service skills.Ability to communicate
effectively via written and oral means.
- Proficiency in Mircosoft Office suite, and Zoom.
- Familiarity with social media.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with clients.
- Ability to maintain databases.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively to achieve
student placement goals.
- Ability to generate and create reports.Able to generate and
create reports on learner progress for business and group
- Strong initiative to solve problems.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time doing work on
a computer and via the telephone. Must be able to pull, push, lift,
engage in repetitive motions, and communicate, including expressing
oneself or exchanging information with others.
- Education: Strong preference for bachelor's degree or
- Experience: 6-12 months of experience with online education
- Experience with student recruitment event planning
- Strong preference for candidates with experience with career
planning, student retention or advising
- Experience working with learning management systems such as
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties
If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you
will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus
Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Keywords: The University of Oklahoma, Norman , Learner Retention Advisor - WorkSooner, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!