Position Information: Police Officer enforces laws, ordinances,
regulations, and policies.
* Performs routine police work on campus in the field and
provides service oriented functions as required. Serves as a Campus
Security Authority (CSA) by fulfilling training and reporting
obligations related to campus safety protocols.
* Operates a patrol vehicle or patrols assigned areas on foot or
bicycle. Reports suspicious or hazardous activities.
* Arrests violators of city ordinances and state law. Serves
criminal arrest warrants and escorts prisoners to detention
facilities and books them.
* Conducts on campus investigations of crime scenes to gather
and preserve evidence, serving search warrants and preparing
* Interviews and takes statements from victims, witnesses and
* Investigates on campus traffic collisions and prepares
* Performs non-criminal routine law enforcement functions such
as traffic control, parking enforcement and building security.
* Provides security for special events.
* Responds to on campus alarms and reported disturbances.
* Provides security for handling/moving of cash. May serve as an
armed courier transporting cash, negotiable instruments and other
items, materials and documents to and from various financial
institutions and campus offices.
* Collects, preserves, and prepares evidence for court.
Testifies in court.
* Responds to emergencies and provides first aid.
* May conduct preliminary or special investigations.
* Provides information and assistance to the community.
* Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the
function of the position.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 6 months law enforcement or comparable
Equivalent / Substitution: Will accept a graduate of a
Collegiate Officer Program in lieu of the 6 months experience
* Law Enforcement Officers must be certified as a Peace Officer
by the Oklahoma Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training
* Obtain and maintain CPR certification through the
* Must have a valid Oklahoma Driver's License.
* Must be at least 21 years of age prior to certification as a
* A U.S. citizen or in resident alien status defined by U.S.
Citizenship and Immigration.
* Must have fingerprint clearance from FBI and Oklahoma State
Bureau of Investigation and not have a conviction in state or
federal court for any felony, crime of moral turpitude or a crime
of domestic violence.
* Must not have been involuntarily committed to a state mental
* Must pass Oklahoma Law Enforcement Retirement System physical
and background investigation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Basic math and computer skills
* Ability to accurately read and understand written materials
* Ability to build rapport quickly with students, faculty, and
* Ability to produce reports and complete work within
* Strong initiative to solve problems
* Knowledge of police procedures for gathering information
involving crime and incident investigations, reporting, and
* Ability to complete moderately complex administrative
* Ability to operate police equipment, i.e., radar, breathe
alcohol analyzers, mobile computers and radio, lock systems,