Unit Assembler - 2nd shift (Norman)
Company: Abacus Service Corporation
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Performs a variety of operations such as mounting, posting, and
aligning parts, setting up equipment for testing, and maintaining
production records to assemble comfort units to specifications.
1. Check for and obtain required tools, equipment, and parts as
2. Notify trucker/supervisor/scheduler/lead person of part
shortages/outages per instruction and as they occur.
3. Work from blue prints and verbal instructions from
4. Mount, align, position, and assemble a variety of
parts/components, such as frames, compressors, fans assemblies,
control boxes, coils, panels, motors, nuts, bolts, rivets,
adhesives, etc., to completely assemble comfort units.
5. Perform other operations to resolve assembly problems including
basic visual inspection of various parts/components, verifying
their conformance to specifications within the span of normal unit
flow and timing as instructed by the Supervisor.
6. Place completed piece-parts/materials/assembles and/or units in
Client down area or on conveyor for subsequent operations using a
conveyor or manually move units as required.
7. Perform a variety of packaging operations necessary to pack
comfort units/parts for shipment. Enclose with required tags,
instructions, warranties, etc., and seal with packaging tools.
8. Perform simple repair and/or rework to piece-parts and units
such as changing wires, minor straightening or aligning of sheet
metal, minor touch-up of surface deformations and finish defects,
drilling or reaming of holes, replacing defective electrical or
electro-mechanical components, combing damaged fins in coils, and
similar repair duties performed within the span of normal unit flow
and timing as instructed by Supervisor.
9. Apply identification labels to piece-parts, cartons or crates to
identify the material both by part number and quantity.
10. Perform basic housekeeping functions of sweeping,
straightening, etc., to assure a work area of a
11. Perform any and all other department duties as assigned by
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
3. Use of decimals, fractions and scales.
4. Ability to use pneumatic tools safely and correctly.
5. On job training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Very repetitive work, continuous standing,
pushing, pulling, lifting, and carry of heavy and/or bulk part
required. Weight amounts may vary from 5 pounds to 50 pounds, any
amount over 50 pounds requires physical or mechanical help. Arm
strength and coordination required for use of pneumatic tools.
Repetitive motion of hands, wrists, elbows, and shoulders. Ability
to raise arms above chest level and overhead. Rotating of upper
body to lift and position parts on units or conveyor line.
Continuous visual and some close mental attention to details
involved in assembling unit to blueprint specifications.
|Is this a government funded project?
Not Remote - report to worksite/office
|Will this position be remote?
|Worker Pay Type for Distribution
|Payrolled Candidate Information (if applicable)
|Hours per Day
|Hours per Week
Keywords: Abacus Service Corporation, Norman , Unit Assembler - 2nd shift (Norman), Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!