Senior SAP Solution Architect (MDG) - Remote
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
What you will do
You will be part of a team of Solution Architects responsible
for the design and maintenance of an Enterprise SAP template for
the Plan to Deliver (PTD) process area. You will work with business
counterparts to deliver solutions based on best practices, business
processes and SAP expertise. The SAP landscape under the scope of
this position will include multiple SAP instances in Johnson
Controls (JCI) globally.
With Solution Architecture responsibility, you will play the
role of SAP Expert and be responsible for the global governance of
the SAP landscape and strategic initiatives in PTD areas.
How you will do it
- Design and maintain our Enterprise ERP Master Data Governance
Template according to business requirements and ensure its
continued governance and evolution.
- Responsible for process design, configuration, assistance with
testing, requirements gathering and ultimately setup a fully
functional development, test, and production environment to
delivery MDG Customer/Vendor/Material/Finance.
- Collaborate and engage with counterparts across COE pillars
such as Project Delivery, Tech Services, IT Operations and QA and
Business Analytics to consistently deliver ERP application projects
with a high level of quality and functionality that meets the
business user's requirements.
- Translate business requirements into design options that are
cost effective, efficient, and re-usable that comply with defined
architectural principles and standards and that enhance the
- Consult with application owners, business partners and peer
groups regarding long and short-range architecture solutions to
meet business imperatives.
- Develop solutions and business case alternatives. Actively
participates in complex design and technical discussions, and
- Provide expertise in areas of Master Data and integration with
other third-party tools deployed in Johnson Controls to support the
enterprise business processes.
- Represent Global Products' Global deployment leader role in the
ERP Transformation Program.
- Prepare the functional specifications, configuration documents
and training documents and ensure delivery of objects as per the
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and utilize this
knowledge to educate both IT and the business on opportunities to
build better master data management target architectures that
support and drive business decisions.
What we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related
- Minimum of two full lifecycle implementations and
- 5+ years of SAP MDG implementation experience across multiple
- Experience in SAP MDG EhP8 & MDG 7.0/8.0 (Preferably 9.2)
- Extensive ECC and/or S/4 HANA experience and logistics
knowledge (SAP modules MM or SD or MM), especially master data is
- Expertise in Implementation of SAP MDG Solution for masters
like Customer, Vendor, Material, etc.
- Expertise in Data Model Enhancement, Data Transfer (DIF/DEF),
Data Replication Framework (DRF), Business Rules Framework plus
(BRFplus), Configuration rule-based Workflow
- Experience in User interface modelling (Design and Creation of
UI, Value restriction, define navigation elements of type Hyperlink
or Push button, Data quality, Validation and Derivation rules)
- Experience in Process Modelling (Entity, Business Activity
change, Request type, Workflow, Edition type, Relationship, Data
replication techniques, SOA service, ALE connection, Key & value
mapping, Data transfer, Export & import master data, Convert master
Create, manage and implement changes using change control
process and ensure quality compliance (GxP & SOX)
- Experience in strategic business initiatives in the SAP domain
- Engaging business customers
- Managing customer expectations
- Driving Cost benefit analysis based on estimation models
Developing Solution Deployment Roadmap
- Experience in business process re-engineering or process
improvement, involving broad-based information systems, utilizing
tools and techniques to effect business change
- Ability to develop clear and detailed business requirements and
design specifications that can be understood by other delivery team
and business partners
- Must possess a high-degree of professional confidence and
credibility, with the presence and communication skills to
represent IT-related concepts effectively with all levels of the
- Master's degree in related discipline
- Experienced with SAFe Agile DevOps delivery framework
- Use of tools - Solution Manager, Panaya, HPQC ALM
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status,
genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more
information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual
with a disability and you require an accommodation during the
application process, please visit
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Norman , Senior SAP Solution Architect (MDG) - Remote, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!