Licensed Practical Oncology Research Nurse I - Early Phase
Company: The University of Oklahoma
Posted on: June 12, 2021
POSITION INFORMATION: Under direction or supervision of an RN or
Physician, performs LPN nursing duties for Clinical Trials Office
such as patient preparation, sample collection, research,
information gathering, patient follow-up, data collection, and
- Patient Preparation. Prepares patient for examination by the
physician to include but not limited to having charts ready, and
draping and positioning the patient on the exam table.
- Sample Collection. Collects samples from patients including
blood, urine, etc. Prepares samples for analysis or shipment.
- Research. Assists research team with complex procedures to
include but not limited to PK/PD and study biopsies without RN
- Information Gathering. Takes and records various readings to
include but not limited to heart and respiratory rate, blood
pressure, weight, and body temperature.
- Patient Follow Up. Makes follow up patient appointments or
follows up on patient appointments. Answers routine questions from
patients, family, or legal guardian.
- Data Collection. Collects all laboratory reports, data, and
- Medication Administration. Under direction of physician or
other medical personnel, administers medication to patients.
- Patient Monitoring. Monitor research patients for toxicity
including grading and attribution as well as response
- Clinical Coordination. Coordinates all aspects of clinical care
on study in collaboration with Research RN, physicians and other
member of the study team.
- Patient Screening. Assists researchers by recruiting patients,
determining if they are suitable for the study, administering
questionnaires, taking medical histories, and answering questions.
Screens, consents, and enrolls patients in complex and
multi-modality treatment protocols.
- Collaboration. Inter-departmental collaboration with campus
departments to schedule study procedures, including interventional
radiology, ophthalmology, cardiology and surgery.
- As Needed. Performs various duties as needed to successfully
fulfill the function of the position.
Education: Completion of an accredited practical nursing
Experience: 12 months clinical experience.
Certifications/ Licenses: Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse
(LPN) in the State of Oklahoma, and registered as a Licensed
Practical Nurse in the State of Oklahoma.
- Knowledge of techniques needed to diagnose and treat injuries
and diseases which includes but not limited to treatment
alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive
health care measures.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA.
- Ability to give full attention to what is being said and
understand the points being made. Ability to ask questions when
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal with staff, physicians, visitors, vendors, and
patients in a tactful, diplomatic, and pleasant manner.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to work as a team member.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Standing for prolonged periods. Manual dexterity. Speaking and
listening. Walking, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds. Clinic
Environment. Exposure to blood borne pathogens, infectious
diseases, and hazardous waste.
Keywords: The University of Oklahoma, Norman , Licensed Practical Oncology Research Nurse I - Early Phase, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!