Clinical Risk Manager
Company: The University of Oklahoma
Posted on: June 12, 2021
OU Health Physicians is Oklahoma's largest physician group and
encompasses almost every adult and child specialty.
POSITION INFORMATION: Position is responsible for the management
of patient safety and other risk events, and interfacing with
applicable insurance programs.
- Patient Safety Management. Responsible for in-depth clinical
review and analysis of reported risk events through chart reviews,
provider and staff interviews and consultation with Patient Safety
Medical Directors. Provides clinical oversight and evaluation of
risk events including, but not limited to, near misses, adverse
events, incidents, unexpected outcomes, claims, and potential
litigation claims for all lines of insurance.
- Risk Management. Participates in risk event identification and
analysis. Proactively identifies potential risk and evaluates
potential impact. Develops and implements plans to capture, track,
and trend risk management data for near misses, adverse events,
incidents, unexpected outcomes, claims, and potential claims.
Coordinates Root Cause Analysis meetings and communicates outcomes
to appropriate leaders/managers. Serves as a department
representative and contributing member on various committees.
- Report Evaluation. Compiles and analyzes reports for
potentially compensable events, claims, lawsuits, new/increased
reserves, closed cases, aggregate loss experience, and other
information for carriers, auditors, actuaries, and internal
- Liaison. Serves as a resource for providers and staff in areas
concerning patient safety and risk management. Generates and
delivers clinical risk education presentations and tools for
physicians, departments, and other groups, that promote safe
practices and risk mitigation.
- As Needed. Performs various duties as needed to successfully
fulfill the function of the position.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Experience: 60 months experience in healthcare
Equivalent/Substitution: Associate's Degree in Nursing and 24
months related experience for a total of 84 months experience
Certifications/Licenses: Certified Professional in Healthcare
Risk Management (CPHRM) or attainment within 24 months from hire
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively
work collaboratively with others
- Demonstrated knowledge of patient safety and risk management
- Proficient with MS Office products
- Strong analytical, decision making, critical thinking and
problem solving skills
- Prefer experience in a self-insured environment to include
working with defense counsel, physicians, healthcare professionals
and defense experts
- Experience negotiating and resolving patient complaints
OU Health Hospitals and OU Health Physicians are merging into
one clinical enterprise. This position will transition employment,
along with existing staff to OU Health Physicians as of July 1,
Keywords: The University of Oklahoma, Norman , Clinical Risk Manager, Other , Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!