Telemetry Monitor Tech Night shift
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Ensures continuous monitoring of cardiac rhythms by observing
cardiac monitors; maintains all records and reports of rhythm
strips in accordance with the established nursing standards and
- Runs strip at time of admission, every 4 hours, and with any
- Measures PR, QRS, and QT and interprets rhythm accurately when
a strip is run.
- Each strip is signed with first initial, full last name and
- Tubes completed rhythm verification form to appropriate unit in
a timely manner. Posts strips on telemetry log for all units.
- Notifies appropriate unit and staff for any changes in baseline
rhythm, including heart rate, or potentially lethal rhythms in
adults or children according to protocol.
- Ensures that alarms are on at all times and set at appropriate
limits for adults and children according to protocol.
- Notifies appropriate staff when electrodes or batteries need to
be checked, replaced or changed.
- Demonstrates awareness of the effect certain procedures or
medications have on a patients rhythm.
- Runs continuous strip for sustained VT, V-fib, asystole and
bradycardia less than 40 per minute until code team arrives or
- Maintains telemetry logs, current patient information, does
transmitter/SPO2 inventory per shift, and telemetry charges.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- High school diploma or equivalentEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, Norman , Telemetry Monitor Tech Night shift, Other , Shawnee, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!